ok OT...I'm in a pickle...(long, w/ cliffs)

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by DSAzeppelin, Jul 18, 2006.

1. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

So I moved to FL from Seattle for school. My origonal plan was to kick ass at school(went to into an accellerated program) and then fly back home and start a career. I didn't really party all that much(way too busy) or spend time chasing girls.

However, 2 months before graduation, my roommate's GF secretly tried to hook me up with her best friend by inviting her to one of our get-togethers at our place(I didn't figure this out until after we hit it off). Needless to say, I fell head over heels for my now GF.

So I meet this girl, who turns out to be the most amazing girl I have ever met. I'm going to get a bit mushy here, but honestly, just being around her puts a smile on my face. She is the most fun person, absolutely hilarious...always makes me laugh...

Besides that, she is absolutely breathtaking...still to this day, every time I see her I get those damn tingles like your first real crush in grade school. Sometimes I still get all nervous and awkward around her...still get giddy..etc. This also has to do with her personality though, if she didn't have that...then I wouldn't be saying this.

Needless to say...we are both completely in love with eachother.

So I decided to stay in FL longer than I origonally planned. I have many reasons for staying down here besides her...I met awesome people, and I've always been working, never made time for myself and to be a kid. So I want to be down here, free, and be the kid that I am. I've been growing up too quickly.

Now here's the pickle.

I'm 20, I just graduated college as of March. My GF is moving back up to Tallahassee(FSU) in August, so I am moving up there with her(not together, I have my own place). However, with my student loans about to kick into gear, me living out on my own and having to pay over $600 to the bank ontop of rent and bills....doesn't really seem too feasible. I know I can hang on for a few months through the holidays(it'd be absolutely horrible to leave during the holidays...plus her Bday is Jan 1st)...but after that, I really don't think I can afford to live out on my own without having to scrape by. The reason this is a problem is because my career field is nowhere in Tallahassee, or pretty much anywhere nearby, I'd have to goto Seattle or Cali.

I can pretty much see the future of what's going to happen....and I rrreeeaaaalllyyy do not like thinking about having to leave. I havn't even really talked about my money situation with her, so she doesn't really know my predicament to it's full extent.

I'm trying to figure out a way to make it work, I'm not really seeing this as a "this is the girl I'm going to spend the rest of my life with" type situation. She really could be the one, but I still have a career to fulfill and a life to have. I'm not trying to throw away my education and future. But I have never taken time for myself until after I graduated college, and we have such a great thing going....so I don't want to end it prematurely. I really don't.

What is a man to do? I know you all probably think I'm just a stupid kid blinded by puppy love. But really...I'm not. I have never let myself get into situations like this, because I really analyze them for what they really are. Being that way has worked very well for me. But then I meet Natalie...and well, she goes and messes everything up :hs:

what ta do? :o

Cliffs:

1) Move from Seattle to Orlando for college
    2) Finish college but meet a girl right before graduation
    3) She turns out to be the most amazing person I've ever met
    4) We fall in love and have a completely awesome relationship
    5) I'm on my own trying to stay in FL, however I'm tip-toeing around a pretty major hiccup. I have a lot of student loans to pay off, and don't see my future being to bright financially in a locatoin that is nowhere near my major. So if I stay, I'll eventually starve.
    6) What is one to do?

I'm just kind of confused, stressed and sad about this :wtc:

2. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

I sound dumb :embd:

3. matsuya

matsuya Active Member

i'm assuming you haven't known her very long. take care of your shit first. if she really is that important to you tell her what your situation is. if you're lucky maybe she's rich and can pay it off for you.

4. ExiLe

ExiLe dAwt OT Supporter

Have you hit it?

5. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

almost been a year now

and I know that I need to take care of my own stuff, no way in hell I'd throw that away. Just not in quite as much of a rush as I was prior to school, origonally wanted my career to be in full swing by 21... :hs:

and I told her the jist of the situation, but I've been a bit hesitant about the leaving part because I have been trying to figure stuff out. Didn't want to bring it up if there was no need to....etc.

6. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

of course :confused:

I have a thread a bit further down regarding that actually.

7. SxyLambdaLady6

SxyLambdaLady6 New Member

hmm i think u need to be honest with her, im sure shes gonna wanna know whats goin on and now be in the dark. maybe she can help u figure out what u can do?:dunno: and i think that u need to do what is best for u right now, getting ur career going (cuz that will eventually give u the freedom to be able to see her, ya know with all the financial stuff) if ur really meant to be with her, no matter what u do, u will end up with her. thats what happened with me and my bf. so i think that u should do ur thing..if she really wants to be with u maybe she'll wait for u i dunno it will be hard but, if she really is that important to u u guys will make it work no matter what :) hope eveything turns out well with u , good luck!

8. crazy15

crazy15 New Member

well it depends on what you want to do. At this stage in my life i am not looking for a wife. So if i have a gf, i dont factor her into things that count towards my life goals. So if i am going to college, i will go where i want to go, and not where my gf is going. Or for you, go where your goal is. it may be hard to leave her, but is she really wife material? and you are very young.

the best decision may be the hardest. Forget about her when you make a decision. Cause i mean if you stay in FL or whatever, and you end up breaking up, then you've fucked yourself over :p

9. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

Telling her the problem might help.