Ok OT I think I need to be re-taught dating etiquette

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by RandomDead, Aug 8, 2007.

1. RandomDead

RandomDead Have your pets spayed or neutered

I'm barely out of an off and on 6 year relationship. I'm 28, I last dated when I was 21. Even then I had very little game.

I'm not even trying to date right now, my head is more than a little messed up, but I've realized that I suck at women now since for the last 6 years the only real signals I payed attention to were those of my ex-gfs and a few e-harmony/match.com crazy whores that I tried dating and got completely disgusted with when my ex and I broke up and eventually got back together. I'm a damn sight better at dealing with relationships now, but that's the easy part. Starting one has always been hard for me.

So how do I know if a non-whorish 25+ year old woman is interested in me?

For example:
    An admin at work baked cookies for me (and several of my coworkers) as a thank-you for some work we did. I didn't go to work yesterday so instead of just giving them to the others she waited until I got back so she could give them to me in person. She's always very friendly with me, doesn't mind striking up a conversations w/ me at random, and she's cute.

Interested or just being nice? I'm in IT so it's in her best interest to just be nice to me so I'll do things for her and the people she reports to... but it's my job also to do that, I'm good at my job, and she knows it.

I'll probably never say anything more than "thanks for the cookies" anyway... work is a really uncomfortable place for such things. :hsd:

2. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

dont dip your pen in the company ink, unless your job is easily replaceable

3. RandomDead

I'd hate to lose the job, it's a good job. So like I said, no I won't say anything other than "Thanks for the cookies".

That's beside the point, was she just being nice or not? What really gets me is she made a point of letting me know she was bringing the cookies to ME, not the 4 other guys who do the same job I do and would just as easily do whatever IT grunt work she asked. She even waited a day to make sure I got them in person.

4. ware_ru

ware_ru I know, I know, I'm amazing

oh my god i love these. Bro see the STICKY AT THE TOP OF THIS FORUM THAT SAYS BEST POSTS. It's there because it's.. the best posts that have been in this forum in the last 6 months.

Read every post of mine (I used to go by the name jkidd5) and Yail's in that sticky. i'm confident that you care enough about your life and your success to actually heed the advice i'm giving you now, and to read and absorb the advice in that thread. It's there for a reason. Don't post again until you've done that. Seriously, don't fucking do it. Don't post. Go read. Nobody is going to give you any better advice than is in that thread already. You're probably not prepared for the more game-ish aspects of things that a lot of my posts cover, but skim them so you know what awaits you once you get your life together. Read Yail's posts for a general understanding of the belief systems you should have within you.

Don't fucking post until you read the sticky. Don't do it. Go read. Go!

5. ware_ru

ware_ru I know, I know, I'm amazing

Start with jkidd5's post titled "the truth about women revealed." It's something that's been floating aroud for a while (not my article) and will kick your ass in the right direction.

Prepare to have your brain melt.

6. RandomDead

Thank you for the advice. I took it and last night I spent several hours reading that thread. It definitely gave me a new perspective. I know what I need to do, and it's what I thought I needed anyway. I need to figure my life out and I need to work on being a better me. What's funny about this is that was my plan after I broke up w/ my ex. It's good to know I'm on the right track.
    I also learned a ton about how I need to look for women, I didn't know it could be that easy. When I'm ready I'll follow the thread's advice.... and I still have lots of reading to do.

Now, question is, I'm still curious, how do I take the cookie incident? I don't really care one way or another, but I'm just wondering.
    According to the thread I just shouldn't give a shit, and I don't, but still... curiosity?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  7. Starfox

Starfox New Member

She's just being friendly get over yourself.

8. RandomDead

that's what I thought, thanks :bigthumb: