Ok need help losing final 12 lbs of my goal

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by El Beaner, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El Beaner

El Beaner OT Supporter

Ok need help losing final 12 lbs of my goal - updated 8/28/07

Ok everyone so my mom who has always looked out for me has challenged me to lose 50lbs and as a birthday present would do something very nice for me. (she has always tried to offer incentives to me to lose weight and I never did it until now)

Ok so I started at 348, I am 6'1" and a large frame. As of this morning I made it to 310. I started on June 1st so in 2 1/2 months I have lost 38lbs :eek3: Even I am suprised at this.

This is what I am doing now - I have cut out ALL fast food, have cut out all carbonated drinks, have cut my usual meal portions to half if not less than that(I used to eat A LOT - I enjoyed food and still do)

My daily intake in the morning is 1 - Special K 90 Calorie bar, 1 banana bottle of water
    Afternoon - typically I will have a turkey sandwich on wheat w/ mustard, cup of fruit and a banana
    Dinner - various of course from night to night but example 99% fat free turkey meat for tacos, add bell peppers and mushrooms along with spices, 3 wheat low carb tortillas, 1/2 can of black beans (no extra oil added)

All in all I would say my total caloric intake is anywhere from 1000-1500 depending on my dinner.

I work out daily (right now I am trying to cut the fat first before I begin to tone and add more muscle mass) I hit the treadmill for 30 minutes with a varying speed/incline setting. 4 minute 0% incline at 3mph and 4 minute 10% incline at 4 or 5 mph(depending on how I am feeling that day) I know it is not that fast, but I am working my way up - remember I am still a big guy who NEVER excercised. After the treadmill, I will get on the bike for 10-15 minutes at varying resistance levels. Total distance is around 4 miles(1.5 on the treadmill and 2.5 on the bike.)

Here is my problem, I have been at 310-312 for the past two weeks and have not been able to go lower. I have not gone back to my old ways and have increased my work outs from 3 times a week to 5. I still cannot lose these last 12 lbs. I have seriously considered a "Diet" aide but not sure if I should go that route. I have seen co-workers use them and all lost extra with the aide, but not sure if that will occur for me.

So OT guru's what can you suggest that might help me lean out more.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
  2. Titus

Titus New Member

you need to drop another 100 lbs. quit eating and start doing lots of cocaine

3. El Beaner

El Beaner OT Supporter

My main long term goal is to get to 240, but short term is 298. If you would like to offer constructive help then please do, otherwise :gtfo:

4. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

1. Your calories are way too low
    2. Lift weights

5. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

6. chakup

chakup Guest

When I was much bigger and losing- I plateaud and only started losing again once I changed up the routine some. Different distance/intensity on cardio, hit the weights, etc.

7. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

hey you didnt answer my pm. do i have to stalk you on aim/yahoo/msn/myspace?

8. El Beaner

El Beaner OT Supporter

I might have to look at that then and see what happens over the next week. I really wanted to avoid the weights right now, guess I have to hit them and see what happens.

9. Titus

Titus New Member

avoiding weights is a stupid move. lift weights + do some cardio and eat a good diet. it's a simple formula that is proven to work.

10. Canuckistan

Canuckistan New Member

do this, with an emphasis on cardio and you'll lose 100

11. Anabolic Pop-Tarts

Anabolic Pop-Tarts New Member

Agreed. Lift weight for sure. Also, it sounds like maybe your calories are too low and your metabolism is shutting down. Try to break your meals down into 6-8 small snacks throughout the day. That might help as well.

Or pick up a cocaine/heroine habit. That would work too.

12. Silmatharien

Silmatharien OT Supporter

Good luck! you're doing an awesome job so far. I see a lot of overweight people and think how hard it must be to actually force yourself to get to the gym and lose it. wayta go.

13. kumar_a

kumar_a Well-Known Member

:ugh2:

14. El Beaner

El Beaner OT Supporter

Thanks

15. El Beaner

El Beaner OT Supporter

Ok, I began today by switching up my work out. I will do cardio, weights and I added swimming today.

16. El Beaner

El Beaner OT Supporter

Ok, so you are saying to try the LArry North diet which is the 5 meals a day I believe.

What foods does everyone recommend (I know that low fat, low carb and veggies are a given) But can anyone recommend recipes or things like that.

17. Titus

Titus New Member

have you read the stickies or anything else relating to nutrition? it's simple man... chicken, steak, turkey... leans meats + some veggies/good carbs such as sweet potatoes, etc. do some work on your own so you learn something, it will help you out in the long run.

18. Mippity

Mippity New Member

Have you thought about taking a weight loss drug? Since you are very overweight, you might consider taking alli -- it is just a watered down (half power) of a prescription weight loss pill. Combined with your current diet and workout, I think it would give you that needed boost (from what I've read). The only prob is I think it is kind of expensive. You might want to look into it.

I am impressed with your effort. Congrats on those 38 lbs!

19. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

nobody weighing over 300 lbs should need a damn bit of help from a drug or supplement to lose weight

20. Mippity

Mippity New Member

I do agree that they should not need it. But, in this guy's case it is hard to argue against it. He has a reduced caloric intake, is consistently working out, and needs a present from his mom :fawk:.

But seriously, the weight that you are right now is dangerous to your health. If you continue making all those efforts (including lifting) I think you could benefit from it. If I weighed 300 pounds I would do it. :wiggle:

21. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

I haven't looked into the actual contents of alli but I'd venture to say that someone with that much weight doesn't need much more stress on his nervous system, heart, etc that a lot of drugs and supplements provide

his caloric intake is profoundly low, his training hasn't changed in type intensity or length apparently, etc

omg things aren't changing give me a pill people will never get shit done, because they think that it's the pill that does it

22. violator

violator New Member

invest in a heart rate monitor

23. Plan B

Plan B New Member

:werd:

The pill is probably not a good idea at this point, and any doctor would say the same thing.

Dude is on the verge of cardiac arrest :hsugh:

24. Mippity

Mippity New Member

This pill is different. It blocks fat only. It has no effect on the brain, only on the digestive system. That is why I suggested it to him. Do some research. It is the only FDA approved weight loss pill for over the counter consumption www.myalli.com/ . I might even suggest bumping up the calories and taking it.

25. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

PLEASE AVOID THE EDUs AND STICKIES

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.