GUN OK need a Sig experts advice

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by mixwell, Feb 28, 2004.

1. mixwell

mixwell weakkutz

Im planning on getting my first gun, and i have chosen a Sig P226. I found a place online that has it for 350 with night sights and about 93%+ condition. I also found another source that has the new Sig P226 NAVYSEALS. commemorating the US NAVY SEALS. The pricing i got on this brand new is $660. The NAVY SEAL gun is the same cept special serial numbers, limited production, engraved anchor on the slide, and parkarized internals. I really dont know which to get!! they are both good deals..

BTW if anyone want the source for these ill post them if you want. I picked up these sources from sigforums. And they are legit so ill be going with them

2. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

If you plan on shooting your gun alot, get the regular model. I'd only suggest the Navy SEALs model if you're just looking for a nice display peice.

3. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

the seal model is not really any nicer looking. the internals are finished with a corrosion resistant finish, and there are some other things different. i'd say get that, because if nothing else, it'll help keep the internals from rusting.

4. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

i'd buy the beater, shoot the hell out of it for a year, then send it off to get Black T refinished.

5. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

you know what, i just looked at your prices. kellyclan is right. i just skipped over that whole "great deal on the used gun" part.