OK, I'm sure some will bish me out for this, but......

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Gene Starwind, Sep 19, 2002.

1. Well, I'm just a poor college student and can't afford a good surround sound system. I figured out a good way to hook both my TV and my computer to single output. I got to thinkin that I have a crap load of speakers and amps laying around in my room at my dads house. So I was thinking about building a speaker cabinet and putting some of my spare car audio parts in it, then hooking that into my computer.

Good idea? doable? suggestions?

2. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

doable

do you mean car amps or home amps?

3. car amps. Basically I cant afford a home amp. I know one time I was given a road gear 250 watt and a pair of jense tens, but i of course didnt want to sully my car with it, so i hooked em up in my room, powered the amp with a 12V power converter and it worked just fine.

4. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

it will work but you cant use verry big amps you can find some pretty cheap home amps on http://www.partsexpress.com/ it probay wont sound to amazing but you will get music out of it

5. cool. thanks flynfrog. I'll check it out.

I'm nopt lookin for Ultimate home audio system here, i just want something that will sound better than my dinky built in computer speakers and provide some nice bass