SRS ok im qutting smoking and drinking

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Kpac0, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Kpac0

Kpac0 Guest

im not addicted, but im young and have gotten into it. i just thought i would write it down somewhere so i have reference.

i know its not good for me, but its a social thing. so from now on no smoking (weed) and lay off the drinking until im 21.

:wavey:

2. PurpleStuff

PurpleStuff New Member

Good luck buddy

3. Kpac0

Kpac0 Guest

thanx :bowdown:

4. rchlgnd

rchlgnd Guest

I'm impressed, KpacO. It seems to me that might be a tall order, but I'm behind you 100 percent. I know it can be done because there are those of us here who have done it. Come back and let us know how you are doing. Again, good luck.

5. m4m4 l0n9

m4m4 l0n9 Active Member

It's gonna take some serious will power to do so, but it's possible.

Good luck man.

6. Silfx

Silfx New Member

Good luck,

but why stop drinking if you intend to start again when you are 21?

7. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

Maybe he wants to avoid breaking the law? I'm not personally sure either.

This is really a forum for people seeking recovery...

making a post about temporarily abstaining is like going to a forum for diabetics and talking about how you're doing atkins

8. Bret The Ripper

Bret The Ripper I

If your still in school thats a great idea. I never really got to much into smoking more than once every month till after College. I know I wouldnt be as wel off if I had started earlier.

And if your get addicted easily, I wouldnt ever dip into snow.

9. Kpac0

Kpac0 Guest

allright, just to clear things up i dont want to drink anymore b/c 1. its illegal 2. its bad for your health, 3. i believe it was making me a bad person; sounds gay but its me not you.

And i stopped smoking b/c its really bad for you, and it kills your brain cells (just like alcohol)

I havent smoked or gotten drunk since i started this thread, so all is well. :wavey:

ps. i was never addicted

10. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Drinking definitely made me a bad person, this doesn't sound gay, it's simply honest. I could have avoided a hell of a lot of stupid behavior and decisions if I had decided to quit earlier. Then again, I'm an alcoholic, but would've never stopped due to issues of legality, sure didn't stop me from doing coke. Anyway, if it makes you a bad person, why start again when you're 21?

11. Kpac0

Kpac0 Guest

well, I've got 3 years to think about it. I think when im 21 i wont be so inclined to just get smashed and puke my guts out.

12. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

I highly doubt that. If all you did was get smashed and puke your guts out, you'll probably do the same thing if you start drinking again. Then again you said you weren't an addict, so maybe maturity will help you, I highly suggest you take the test to see if you are alcoholic.

http://www.aa.org/default/en_about_aa.cfm?pageid=4

13. Kpac0

Kpac0 Guest

lol. im not an alcoholic in any way. i was just drinking with my freind and feeling guilty about it. but any way thanx for the concern.

and btw, i havent smoked weed since i started this thread, and i have only drank alcohol once, and i didnt not get sick or puke. :)

14. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Well that's good, but people who are normal and aren't alcoholics rarely if ever puke from drinking. People who aren't alcoholics usually don't feel guilty about drinking either. If you scored a 0/12, good for you.

Good job quitting weed and being almost clean.