A&P Ok i'm a camera NEWB, can someone explain or guide me?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by newboundguy, Apr 8, 2005.

1. newboundguy

newboundguy Guest

I have a nikon coolpix 8800 and I have no idea what the aperture does or how exactly I can manipulate the depth of the picture according to the aperature. Also, I want to take some nice macro pics, however I have only be sucessful in taking those in the macro mode, I don't know how to modify the camera settings to take a nice clear macro.

Any advice is appriciated.

2. Gr00v3

Gr00v3 Drifting Em0 Kid*

the smaller the number on the f-stop = the larger the aperture is open. so for your camera, an aperture of f/2.6 is roughly wide open. the wider the aperture, the smaller teh depth of field. the larger the number, for example, f/11, the larger the depth of field which translates to more in focus. macro, you just focus as much as your lens will allow and shoot at that.

3. newboundguy

newboundguy Guest

Do you know if I can manually adjust the focus on this camera? Because I adjusted the settting exactly in the macro mode into the manual mode, and the picture was very blurry. So for f-stops, if I want a detailed picture of something in teh center, I can take teh f-stop to f8 for example and blue everything else out?

4. sex_xer

sex_xer fuck you 2by2!

5. Malghanim

Malghanim My wee wee has been Stricken with Rigor Mortis