MMA Ok I spent some time at sherdog and found this post funny lol

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Exiled, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Exiled

Exiled New Member

lol

I work with some of these people who are decked out in affliction..

2. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I just read that thread. :rofl:

3. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

they sell affliction at dillards, lol

4. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I think around here it was originally sold at Nordstroms.

5. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

I'm glad I don't deal with too many of those guys

6. dengar

dengar seans is a afta marchsollwe in his gir! OT Supporter

We don't have them at my class... however, the most recent addition is this scraggly guy who has to be in his 50's with a huge dirty beard.

Every time I look at him I feel like I am at a bum fights audition.

7. whup

whup I wish you had children and.. so that I could step

:rofl:

8. Exiled

Exiled New Member

where I train we get these one day a week fighters who come in for their grappling training.. im nice to the guys but if I wasn't in the role I was i'd probably not be to nice cause it bugs the shit out of me

9. Maestro Nobones

I crosstrain at my bjj gym and the times I'm in there are not the only times I do grappling... I get the feeling people there feel like this about me too not knowing that I fucking train 6 days a week

10. Bausk

Bausk New Member

They probably don't feel that way if you come regularly and train well. I have lots of guys at my gym who only come in for nogi or gi class, and don't train every single day.

11. Maestro Nobones

well I'm sure most of them don't know I am crosstraining at their gym. i don't particularly care in the end but it just sucks, i love bjj as much as any of them and am as dedicated if not more to my training.

but whatever. can't change people's minds or feelings if they don't care to be changed. I just come in and train hard and not worry about it.

12. Exiled

Exiled New Member

Well I guess because I dont like the whole gym jumper thing.. where people only think about themselves.. I went through that.. you have to commit to a place

13. acidix

acidix Ua mau, ke ea o ka `aina, i ka pono

Fuck that article... I don't smoke

14. friedrice

friedrice New Member

Why must one commit to one place? Granted I don't train so I am sure my questions and opinion must be worthless but still...humor me

15. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I think it's an interesting argument. I sort of agree it's good to be loyal to one place, it's why I don't train at the MMA gym that just opened about a mile from me, and still drive almost 30 min to my gym. But then again, what about fighters like Rich Franklin? Doesn't he train at like 4 gyms?

16. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

Sometimes you have to see the other side of the fence. Some places might actually be holding you back or not training you hard enough. If I'm going to switch a gym it might also be because the other one offers something better than another. I'm about to join one knowing in 5-6 months I'm going to join another.

My one friend I train with has gone around to 3 different gyms in the past 5 months. One of them he joined he wasn't getting worked hard enough, and ended up stopping after the first few lessons and had to wait a few weeks to join back up to his previous one.

I don't think you should hold yourself in one spot for the gym rather than yourself, if you're not looking out for yourself then what the fuck are you doing?

17. Exiled

Exiled New Member

Well you supplement your training in that case. If you dedicate yourself and your time to a place, an instructor and he promotes you. You are in an unwritten agreement.

If you need to supplement your training you do so by going somewhere and paying a mat-fee and developing a relationship somewhere else where you can go in on a saturday or something and pay a fee, not by jumping schools and essentially ruining any long-term relationship with t hem.

Believe me, I understand what you're saying, i've been kicked out of a school and sent back where I came because I did it SO much heh.

I have been to every single dojo in Minnesota that does jiujitsu, I know everyone and my reputation is of a gym jumper. Trust me, you dont want that on your shoulders, I did it because I hit a point where I could not find anyone (this is going to sound so arrogant) that could beat me and at the time the only way I got better was by basically being the borg. I would go to a school, leech all the technique and leave. that process repeated.. and repeated.. until I got kicked out and sent back to the one im currently at and now I supplement my training other places and do things more organized.

I dont know if that's the case here but I see it happen a lot now that I went through it so dont do that, there's my advice.

18. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

Yeah I totally get what your saying and it's true. I think you also need to see what gym will work best for you. It's not that arrogant to say, especially if it was happening, you have to be beaten sometimes to truly understand it. I don't want to come off as that either, I just think it's not bad to see what others offer is all, but I agree you should keep a base.

19. Al_Kayduh

Al_Kayduh Guest

whos marcio garcia?

20. Quinton Johnson's training partner.

21. Exiled

Exiled New Member

:rofl:

22. Al_Kayduh

Al_Kayduh Guest

ah. i see. clearly now.

23. LocTite98

LocTite98 Chillin'

Ive been at a Muay Thai gym for a while (about 12 yrs) and I have never seen these type of people before.
    But recently I enrolled in a grappling class and all I see are these guys. Its very annoying.
    My stand up is up to par, but i just began training ground. Its hard to train seriously and pay attention.

I hate the snorting. Dont get me wrong, I used to snort. I thought the more I exhaled the more I would accomplish. WRONG.
    These guys need to learn.

24. Maestro Nobones

well I'm definitely not a gym jumper. I'm very dedicated to my dojo and the training there, I'm just learned all the BJJ I can from those guys (they are only blue belt level) and I need to continue to get better, so I train with the black belt that they trained with. our academies are still affiliated and help each other out whenever we can.

25. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

Bit if you're so good, what tournaments have you've won?

[​IMG]