Ok, I feel like an idiot. (wired) Network Issue

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mycophiles, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

I have a new laptop. It is a toshiba u205-s5002. The wireless works fine.

Plugging it into the wired connection doesn't work.

Here's the rundown.

First: the router sees the laptop. In the network properties it shows 0 bites sent and recieved. No internet nor shared drives.

The properties of the network connection look fine. Everything is setup find in tcp-ip and dns. I have dissabled the wireless with no luck. I have also updated the network adapter drivers.

The OS, when I got it, had been changed from vista to xp without a fresh install. I then installed sp3.

2. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

Just out of curiosity, did you turn on MAC address filtering on the router? Even though it's intended to block unknown wireless devices, you still need the wired clients MAC addresses entered too.

3. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

No I didn't. Didn't touch the router. As I was typing up the OP I thought about lan being disabled in bios. Checked it out and sure enough there was the problem.

I'm assuming it's fixed but I'm outside enjoying a some coffee and a cigarette. No work for me today. :blue: School day. :big grin: Meaning looking at many hot young woman. :drool: ;) I'll post up my results in a bit.