GUN ok, i am embarassed to ask, but...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by hsracer201, Oct 23, 2008.

1. hsracer201

hsracer201 New Member

i need to get it put back together soon. i tore my 10/22 apart a while back after i saw a tutorial on the net on where to file just a little to lighten the absolutely sucky trigger pull.

well, i can't get the damn trigger group put back together. :rofl:

i have a whole collection of exploded diagrams that i have attempted to use multiple times with no luck. the explodes are great, but they don't show you in what order to try to put it back together, it just shows how it goes.

does anyone know where a tutorial, either a series of pics, or perhaps a vid is of how to do it?

it's ok, you can :mamoru:

i'm not really good with this type of shit, so i'm admitting this as a last resort. i'd really like to get my 10/22 back up and running soon since squirrel season is here.

i'm off to bed soon, but i'll try to check in tomorrow if i have a chance.

TIA!

2. chakup

chakup Guest

Honestly- use the diagram's as a general guide. I found it much easier to sit back, take a deep breath and start just refitting it together.

what part are you getting lost on?

3. chakup

chakup Guest

clear your PM's

4. chakup

chakup Guest

assemble the trigger, put a toothpick through to hold it together and break the toothpick off so it sit's flush with the sides of the trigger. put that in place in the housing and slide through the pin, pushing out the toothpick.

Next (bare with me I'm drinking and my trigger group is nowhere around so off memory here). Get the rest of the pins started in, place the bolt stop in place. Now put the shims on the hammer and the spring in place. Place the hammer in the trigger goup and push through it's pin. push spring back and hook bottom leg of the spring, press down top leg and push over other pin. tada

5. Willie J

Willie J New Member

6. hsracer201

hsracer201 New Member

i will try this tomorrow. thanks!

7. hsracer201

hsracer201 New Member

thank you for this as well. :bigthumb:

i will try to find some time on sunday to sit down and get it put back together. :)

i'm not stuck on one single part, i'm just stuck as a whole. when i sit down and look at 25 different parts my A.D.D. kicks in, and it just starts to get confusing. :eek3:

i know they can't be that hard because everyone seems to do everything to them themselves. i'll get it eventually.