Ok, how do I interpret this

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Roasted, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Roasted

Roasted New Member

One night at around 1:30 am I strike up a conversation with some random girl on the street (3 years older than me but she's cute as hell). We talk for about 5-10 mins before hitting "her place" and have to say goodbye so I ask for a number and she politely declines but says she'll "see me around" (code word for I'm not interested in you at all but don't want to seem like an asshole in my dictionary). Today I realized that she actually lives quite a bit up the street, around where we first started talking. Now I see two ways of interpreting this:

1. She didn't want the creepy guy talking to her at 1:30 am to know where she lives.
    2. She wanted to continue talking so she kept walking and lied about where she lives.

I realize it's a bit pathetic asking this and really I'll probably never know unless I ask but hey, what the hell. :)

2. Rich

Rich New Member

I think if you get an AV you'll understand.

3. Roasted

Roasted New Member

HAHAHA, this is good. Well, I don't really know where she lives, but the general area. Turns out she takes the public transit to work in the morning like me and she gets on much later. I can't imagine her walking up the street for like 5 minutes to get on the same bus in the morning she could be getting on right in front of her place (which is incidentally where I get on). :p

4. Give up on her and move on. This is beyond stalkerish.

5. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

What is this, the main forum? Warning and then ban.

6. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

btw she had low interest level.

7. This is not the main forum, next time it's a ban.

8. Roasted

Roasted New Member

Yes, this is what I would normally do. I kind of screwed myself though by hitting on a girl that lives very close to my place and since she takes the same route to and from work as me I basically run into her on a daily basis (I didn't realize this at the time). I have to either keep pursuing her or at the very least be friendly, or stop talking completely, otherwise this situation could get really really awkward (it's already getting there).

9. Roasted

Roasted New Member

This is along the lines of what I was thinking. I'm probably gonna try to be friendly and see where it goes, not fooling myself into thinking anything will develop though.

10. Ignore her, let her come to you.

11. That's too much emphasis on her. I completely disagree with that.

12. Roasted

Roasted New Member

I'm leaning towards the "nod" suggestion. I feel like I already weirded her out and it's too late to just ignore her completely. I need to let her know that it's cool if she wants to talk more but I won't pursue it myself. Thanks guys, I was basically planing to attempt to talk to her again but I now realize that might not be a good idea. At this point I don't even care that much about hooking up with her (although she seemed very cool), I just want to get past the awkwardness.

13. She's just one person, completely ignoring her is the best method. She shouldn't have any impact on his frame of mind or how he acts. That to me is looking for external validation, which doesn't have much value to me.

He shouldn't talk to her, much less acknowledge her, she lied to him, I don't care what the circumstances are, she still lied and turned him down.

14. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

This is correct. She's already kinda weirded out by you or she would have a) give you her number and/or b) invited you up (to her real place) for sex.

Any more pursuing on your part will make you a stalker, and will turn her off permanently.

Think of if it were reversed, and she was a fat chick talking to you. You lied about where your house was so you could bail early. Would you want her to pursue you AT ALL? No.

15. I'm saying he shouldn't care about her at all. He's letting her awkward behavior affect him. Did he ride the bus before he knew her, yes, should he ride the bus the same way after meeting her yes.

16. Roasted

Roasted New Member

LOL, after a casual 10 minute conversation? I dunno what kind of skanks you talk to but I don't think that's normal behavior. :mamoru:

I agree though that I would be a creep if I kept pursuing her actively. And I don't blame her for lying about where she lived, no matter what her motivation was.

17. I have no caring for her and my assumption is he should act the same way, so we are in agreement as to how he should behave with her. I'm done with this thread.

18. Roasted

Roasted New Member

Yes, I would like a second shot with this girl if possible but I don't want to push it. I want to leave the ball in her court, so I don't want to outright ignore. I feel like I gotta give a sign that I'm willing to continue talking, but after that I'm fine with ignoring.

Edit: The more I think about it though ignoring does seem to make more and more sense. Oh well, I'll keep you guys updated. :p

19. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

How about this: Walk on bus, see girl, say "Hi" :wavey: walk to back of bus. See how she reacts then go from there

20. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

1. Talking to her for 5-10 minutes is probably way too long. It depends on what you talked about. If you were not flirting and joking the whole time, it was too long.

2. You don't ask for a phone number, you TELL her to give you her phone number.

3. You blew it.

4. Don't stalk her. If you see her, just be cool but ignore her.

21. Roasted

Roasted New Member

She gets on after me. :p

But yeah, that was kind of where the "nod" suggestion was going. Acknowledge her presence, signal (or say) "hi" and leave it at that. I agree though, I pretty much did blow it but this wouldn't be a big deal if not for the bus situation. :noes:

22. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Then say it as you pass her to get off the bus. Why are you so hung up on a girl you only had a 10 minute conversation with anyway? A girl that turned you down after the 10 minute conversation.

23. Roasted

Roasted New Member

Not hung up. But situations like this lead to awkwardness. It's happened to me before. I would be perfectly fine with ignoring her and abandoning this 100% but I don't really see why I HAVE to burn all bridges. :dunno:

24. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

It would've indicated high interest.

Damn I feel like Yail :mamoru:

25. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

You don't HAVE to do anything. No one else actually listens to the advice given here in the Vag, so don't think you HAVE to.