Ok here's the problem

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by DegenerateZero, Jul 25, 2006.

1. DegenerateZero

DegenerateZero New Member

Allright, here's the thing, after my wife and I split up, (or basically she left me for someone else) I have had a problem talking to women. Whether it's at a bar or casually somewhere else. I know what I want to say, but I just can't get it to come out of my mouth. I freeze. Then I end up walking away feeling as I have made a fool of myself. I don't know what else I do, and I can't talk to any of my friends about it without getting laughed at relentlessly. I really don't know what else to do. :ugh: So I am asking for your help here.

2. èpic

èpic aka modernlife

i have same problem but wsa neva married... im just to shy me thinks. i did have a gf for 3 years and its been a year sence i have even kissed another girl, sigh

3. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

If it's a really bad thing, you may want to consider looking into some counseling...

4. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Kinda what I was thinking. You have had your wife leave you, how hard on you can it be to get turned down by a woman you dont know? How long ago did your marriage end? Maybe you need a bit more time before you go out on the prowl again.

You may want to look at getting some new friends too btw. Laughing at you when you are going through a hard time isnt very cool. :dunno:

5. low20

low20 Member

if it hasnt been too long since you got seperated, maybe you subconsciously still feel wierd about it and arent able to speak what your thinking. would make sence to me considerig your situation. and if you friends laugh at you after what youve been through, then id agree with redvsblue and find some new friends...hey u never know, u find some new guy friends, im sure they know some girls, then maybe it would be easier to talk to them having a small connection thru ur friends..

6. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Sounds like your confidence has just taken a blow after what happened. Give it time and fake it meanwhile, you'll get back up eventually.

7. Schproda

Schproda New Member

I've walked away from some potential good conversations too. One reason is that would be at a loss for words. Another is that I don't leave myself open for rejection any more than I have to. I was like this before my divorce though. I, personally think you're being really reserved and that talking to someone about it will help you. I was depressed about a year after my "D" and finally just said F it and started living again. It just made me stronger for sure. I put up with a lot less BS nowdays.

Feeling that way and trying to talk to someone only to be told NO isn't going to help you at all. Mr. Psychologist up there ^^ obviously hasn't been there yet. :)