ok heres a question about oral transmission...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by TheKnife, Oct 2, 2006.

1. TheKnife

TheKnife New Member

I received a blow job from a girl who had casually mentioned that she gets cold sores not very often. I put two and two together and realized that you could contract Herpes in this manner, did a little research and turns out I was right. Does anyone know how much of a threat this is. She didnt have an active cold sore at all while we were together, but there is viral shedding.

2. TheKnife

TheKnife New Member

come on you guys are all smart

3. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:mamoru: You've obviously never had a cold sore. You generally don't know when you're getting one until it's pretty much there. Sometimes there will be a tingling a day before, but you definetly don't know a week prior.

To the threadstarter-just be careful with her. I've had cold sores since I was 2, and I've been with my husband for almost 9 years now and I haven't passed them on to him.

4. metalfan111

metalfan111 Guest

I have hsv-1, just like the girl. If you already have hsv-1 orally, its almost impossible for her to pass it down there. If you don't have it and she hasn't had an outbreak in a week or 2 and there wasn't one starting, then you are probably fine, but there is always a small chance that you got it. If you are really concerned, you can get a herpes blood test. I have to go now, but if your interested, I'll post more details later

5. TheKnife

TheKnife New Member

yeah more details surely

6. GABOS

GABOS Active Member

dont you have to have a cut or some type of open wound for it to be passed that way? :dunno:

7. OoOlAlA

OoOlAlA New Member

I always thought they didnt spread if they were not open. I get them too, sense I was little. Mine never rip open. And I usually do know when I am getting them and put my meds on it right away. As long as she didnt have one present I really dont think you have anything to worry about. She would know if she had it. Usually while getting one there is an itch and then a tingling feeling. I really dont think you have anything to worry about. I mean if her lip had a huge open soar on it then you should be worried. But in this case I think you are fine.

8. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

Chances are very low if she hasn't just had one or doesn't have one in the next couple of days.

Getting a bloodtest is useless though since there's nothing you can do about it really, so there is no point. If you have an outbreak, then you got it :dunno:

Just be careful and you'll be fine, I can *usually* tell when I'm getting one about 2 days in advance and if I know that I can stop it forming at all. However, sometimes I don't get the tingle until later and so it will form and that is when it's annoying. Regardless, soon as you have the tingle you shouldn't go near anyone with your mouth for another week and a half or so just to be safe. I've never passed mine on (got it somehow as a ~2year old) so as long as you're careful it should be fine.

Also, you could get it from kissing her as well and that is easier to get than on your junk from what I read a while back.