TAT Ok... for those who have had cartilage piercings..

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by red^star, Nov 4, 2004.

1. red^star

red^star Guest

I'm really, really terrified of them :hs:

regular piercing are a breeze... I've had my lip/labret and my nose pierced with no problem.

I've wanted a cartilage piercing forever, but I'm so scared of the pain. Going through skin is one thing because it gives a little... cartilage doesn't seem like it gives :hs:

Am i psyching myself out or does it hurt worse than going through skin? :hs:

2. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

My industrial (in my upper left ear, both part are through cartilage) was the most painful of my piercings.... not too terrible, it hurt more in healing it.

3. 12345678

12345678 EH?

i just hated the 6 months almost to the DAY it took to heal

4. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

it hurt probably like 10x more than my eyebrow piercing... i've got really sensitive ears :naughty: and it felt like the entire half of my face was on fire.

even so, its only a few seconds of pain and is totally worth it. however, healing takes a long fucking time. i used this stuff called "techni-care," its like a surgical disinfectant that doesnt damage tissue, and that helped significantly.

5. 12345678

12345678 EH?

i want i want

6. red^star

red^star Guest

you guys make me more scared :hs:

7. Ashley

Ashley EEK!!!!

its not that bad.... its just sore for awhile. not anything you shouldn't be able to handle.

8. low20

low20 Member

it really doesnt hurt that much...it just takes a long ass time to heal and sucks cause you cant really sleep on that side of your head, so it gets annoying, and if you catch it on something, it hurts like a bitch....ive had mine for like 2 years and it still hurts sometimes...

9. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

:hug: you should be ok. just remember to breathe :)

you could always put a numbing gel on your ear

10. Squally

Squally New Member

really the piercing isn't bad at all, really depends on you and the gauge you are going with. I had one side done with a 16ga it was nothing, but the other side i got 2 14ga done, those hurt more but i also go them right after each other so i had 2 piercings to heal and deal with getting pierced, but really they weren't THAT bad. My tragus hurt like a bitch because they are thick and the girl had to push hard, so it took longer than all the other ones but they feel fine now. I did get a 4ga in my lobes where they pierced to a 6ga with a tapered needle, then immediately stretch to a 4ga, keeps it tight around the jewlery. That hurt more than the cartlidge but once again it wasn't THAT bad. Now I may have a higher pain tolerance than you so you might feel some more pain, but it's over quickly and you just have to deal with the healing pains, which feel totally different.

11. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

It's not bad. Mine bled alot more then my lobes did, actually my lobes didnt bleed but whatever. It didn't hurt much at all. Maybe I just have a high pain tolerance though.

12. wizeguy4

wizeguy4 New Member

damn - I was about to make a thread about healing time of an Industrial peircing, cause I have been thinking of getting for a while now. But no need for that thread. No peircing for me - sounds painful and I am a little bitch when it come to pain

13. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

really, its not that bad. in fact, i'm thinking about a second cartilage

14. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

When I say it was my most painful piercing, you have to understand that I was still laughing and talking and shit while and after I got it done. no fainting, no crying, i didn't even flinch. what sucked about it was healing it, i had complications. if you can take a shot inthe arm or stub your toe without weeping, you will be fine.

15. Whippy

Whippy Guest

Mine didnt hurt :dunno:

Healing is poop though, had it done over a month ago - still got a while to go by the sounds of it.

I swapped the stud for a CBR the other day,probably set it back a bit as its gone all crappy now :ugh:

seems like the ear is trying to grow over the ring? I think its a 14g when it had a 16g stud in.

16. BLee

BLee Roll Tide

the only thing bad about cartilage piercings are the healing times imho..I have six cartilage piercings and the only one I actually felt pain in was my anti-trags..Even then it wasn't something that was unbearable... :dunno: it's all in what you make of it.

17. Squally

Squally New Member

I wouldn't let the idea of the pain or healing time sway you against getting it done. If you want it, get it, just be responsible and take care of it so you can keep it. Besides, it's not like you do anything with your ears that getting them peirced and having to wait for them to heal would affect, well besides of course swimming, but it's cold now anyway.

18. 1979TA

1979TA OT Supporter

I got both lobes pierced the same time I got my cartilage. so the cartilage was the 3rd piercing in a row, and my body said "oh fuck you" and it hurt like a son of a bitch. Healing was about 4 months too

19. Elfling

Elfling New Member

With cartilage it's just all about the healing time. The piercing itself is quick..it's the 6 months (or more) it takes to really heal up that's a bitch. I have one helix piercing that, a year after getting it done, still likes to flare up when I get sick or stressed.