SRS Ohai plx halp

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Feespulm, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Feespulm

Feespulm New Member

Hiya.

I have a few addictions that I don't really want, I guess.

One: Hitting my concrete wall when in a bad mood
    Two: Taking pills. Mainly painkillers. But I take at least 2k mg each time. I kinda wanna cut back on that.
    Three: Smoking. Trying to quit, wish me good luck.
    Four: Drinking. I used to think it was stupid. But I've been facing a depression or something lately, so I kinda started drinking. And I can't really drink much at all before I get tipsy, so.. Yeah.

EDIT: Yeah, I know it's stupid. Especially blaming it on a depression.

Any help appreciated.:)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  2. JamesL

JamesL wat

2000mg? I can assure you, you aren't taking 2000mg of any individual narcotic pain killer.

Im guessing you are taking some hydrocodone/APAP based painkiller, ie: Vicodin. Probably 5/500s. The 5 refers to the mg of hydrocodone, the active narcotic in the preparation. The 500 refers to the amount of acetaminophen in the preparation... hence where you got the "2000mg". Anyway... you are taking roughly 20mg of hydrocodone each time, yes? Maybe 40mg if you have 10/500s?

When is "each time"? And how often? Once a day? Once a week?

Oddly enough, a good friend of mine who is addicted to opiate/opioids has one of the worst tempers I know... he constantly punches walls and puts holes in things around his house.

Ive been guilty of hitting things when I am pissed too. Hell, the times Ive most often hit things have been when I have been in the middle of opiate w/ds, so if you think you are bad about it now, just wait until that 20mg/whenever habit turns into 10-20x that... I stopped hitting stuff after I broke my hand in few spots after a confrontation with a brick wall.

If you need to hit something, look into martial arts/boxing/etc. That helped me out a lot when I really needed an outlet for my anger. Great excercise too :)

3. Feespulm

Feespulm New Member

I don't remember what the pills contain tbh. Yesterday I took about 3500mg total. I really wanna stop getting this sort of urge to overdose, as it's not good for me at all (no shit, right?)

each time would be, uh. Well, recently it've been about once a week.

Thanks, I'll look it up :)

4. polishillusion

polishillusion New Member

You don't know what you are taking? Get your ass to a detox.

5. Deepsouthwrx

Deepsouthwrx If in doubt, flat out!

Its not even the pain killer part you should be worried about when taking that much. That is a LOT of apap, you can easily damage your liver taking those high amounts.

6. Feespulm

Feespulm New Member

Didn't when I wrote that, cause I didn't have the package that said what they contained :p

7. Feespulm

Feespulm New Member

Well, thanks to everyone who replied :) I'm seeing my doctor in about a month (he's on vacation), so I'll talk it over with him.