GUN Oh what's this? CZ > Yar & AB

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by phrozenlikwid, Nov 2, 2009.

1. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Off the record, and very hush hush (thanks Raz):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Word on the street is..... This is the new Tactical Sports, and CZ's factory open gun. I've sent messages to everyone looking for some sort of confirmation. Most people are tight-lipped about it. One guy told me I should sell my TS before SHOT. :noes:

Would it be poor form to go ahead and register www.CZworx.com :naughty:

2. Keesh

Keesh New Member

That looks like a pretty damn sweet open gun.

3. JRucker2004

JRucker2004 New Member

those grips look... grippy.

4. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

kind of cool. Would like to see if it can handle major 9. Of course it's easy to say it will but need to see someboy actually do it.

5. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Yeah, but they are a helluva improvement over the current TS shit, with the cast waffle checkering which makes the gun largely unusable for anyone not wearing a XXXXL glove.

Also interesting of note: There's no slide release. Just a pin holding everything together.........

6. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering.

I don't see anyway you could even hope to make a 38S/SC work in a CZ frame, which leaves it to be 9mm Major. I also can't see CZ officially endorsing a chambering/load which SAAMI says will kill you.

Looks like they've done something with the slide stop pin, and from what I've heard the TS frame is/was stronger than the normal 75 deals.

Like you said though, time will tell. I hope it works out well, not just because it saves me from having to build my own, but because I think the open division needs a new avenue of innovation. Non-2011 guns are growing, and I think it's good for everyone.

7. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

8. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

It probably will be like the champion, 9 minor gun thus it never really went anywhere.

Even the tangfolio has problems with 9 major. I am skeptical of major 9 in this platform. The STI/SVI are doing it because they can load the ammo long (38 super lenght). The glock can do it in a standard factory lenght because it's a glock. Everyone else just doesn't seem to be able to handle the juice.

9. Laurel

Laurel New Member

The C-more looks pink in those shots. :mamoru:

10. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

yeah the red cmores are kind of pinkish. I'm old school, I think guns should be black.

11. AB13

AB13 New Member

yeah, old school here too. My Open gun is cold blued, beat to shit, but loves to race.

Slide stops on Limited/open guns are not needed. Only reason i use mine is for take down, and really don't need one then.

I have my gun set up so it doesn't hold the slide back. Like what was said, I'd like to see how it does with 9 MAJOR, and also like to see what they plan to do with a big stick/170.

With that said, it'll probably be a cold day in hell before I give up my 2011 platform.

12. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

nice.

what's 9 major/minor?

13. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

power factor

think 9mm +++P+++

14. Floyd91

Floyd91 Active Member

would shoot... if the cmore was black. Looks pretty hot

15. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

I understand that you don't need a slide release lever on a race gun, I just thought it was interesting that CZ would omit it from the factory. It also looks beefier than the regular TS pin, so maybe they've been doing some work there?

As for handling 9mm major.... who knows. Currently I know of a couple open CZ's running major. Those guys are claiming all is well. One thing I have noticed, is CZ kinda fucked up the mag/throat geometry. I bet reaming out the barrel a hair would open up some OAL room and perhaps give you more room to play with various load combos.

As for breakages, the slide stop is still what everyone watches over like a hawk expecting it to fail. Until recently, I had never actually seen one break. Last month I seen one go down at a steel match. No idea on round count, as the guy bought it used, and it had been on the original one the whole time. The gun looked beat to shit, so I doubt it was a safequeen.

Mags aren't a problem. You can run regular '75 mags in a TS with different grips, and a shadow mag release. That's the way to fly. I can get 24 in a 140mm, and most guys are getting 29 in a big stick. I have a different follower that's real flat that i want to try and use in the big stick. I think I could get 30 almost for sure. Unfortunately, I only have one of them which kinda sucks. Supposedly Angus mentioned that he was making a different internals setup that will give you more capacity too. Only problem is..... it will probably end up costing more for one of these worked CZ mags than a 2011 mag.

16. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Hmmm.... got a message from a Frenchman this morning who claims to have seen the factory prototypes run. I had mentioned my ideas for making a TS work (cutting off the front, and making it 1911'ish), which apparently CZ had done.

According to him, they were getting problems with the actual slides shearing laterally near the ejection port. Apparently, they completely re-did the slides on these guns, and are now a modified Tanfo-style design, with a lot more metal on them. They were also running straight TS mags (though CZ had a big stick made from a TS mag too) when he seen the guns.

17. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Angus showed something else off today..... his new steel gun:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Look...... well.... like shit. I'm guessing it's pretty fast though. He said he's going to take a CZ compact top end, cut it down even more, then add a comp. I guess he's going for crazy low mass on this one.

Would be a fun thing to shoot......

18. Keesh

Keesh New Member

That is hot. The low mount on the STS looks sweet.

19. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

He definitely hit it hard with the mill. I'm real curious to see how it turns out using a CZ compact slide.

I agree on the CMore too. I honestly didn't think it would work out when I first seen the dimensions of them. They are quite a bit bigger than the Doctor/FastFire. Still sits up a tad bit tall, but not nearly as bad as I would have thought. Apparently the dot on it is considerably brighter/better than the FastFires (which Yar said it was).

20. Floyd91

Floyd91 Active Member

I take it the first one posted is going to be available for purchase?

21. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Supposedly sometime. Rumor is it might be shown off at SHOT. No one in the US is talking, which seems strange to me. Several of the Euro shooters have actually seen/shot the gun, worked with testing it, and are saying it's a go as you see it in the pics. :dunno:

22. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Not sure how much I can say but we are working with leopold on a super secret project for shot show. aka GW + Delta point. Depending on what is in the NDA I may or may not be able to leak more info or picture. Worst case you have to wait for shot show.

23. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Holly shit look at that magwell!

24. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Lol..... you non enligh-speaking asshole. At least spell their name right: Leupold !

In all seriousness, that sounds pretty cool. Seems like you guys have your hands full working on some really cool stuff. Props.

I don't know what "Delta point" is, but given the nature of the thread I can make a decent guess. I understand the NDA thing, as I work under them myself, so don't worry about it. Just answer me this: Is it cool, and will I need it for the new hot shit in open guns? Intrigues me that Leupy is involved..... this kinda thing usually isn't their bag. Glad to hear them expanding though.

25. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Yeah.... Angus just brought that out too. Shits ginormous:

[​IMG]

Guess everyone got tired of waiting on Dawson. Too bad there really isn't any division where it is "needed" that a '75 fits in.