MMA Oh this hurts.

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Optamix, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Optamix

Optamix New Member

About a week ago I hurt my neck rolling(Not sure how, it was just hurting after class). I figured I didn't stretch well enough and I pulled something.

Took some ibuprophen and put a heating pad on it. It stayed sore for the next few days. It was uncomfortable but not debilitating. Last night it got so much worse after class. I can't put my hands over my head(putting a shirt on this morning sucked) or look behind me.

It feels like its in the bone, could I have a problem with one of the disks between the vertebrae? I mean, this is some serious pain. I took some darvecets last night and it was still hurting through that, I barely slept.

:hs:

2. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

Thats the good thing about Glen also being a physical therapist. If you get an injury in calss he can usually tell you what happened and what stretches or other things you need to do to help it

3. Optamix

Optamix New Member

I know about a people that are in physical therapy school..I wonder if any of them can look at it.

Poor and no insurance ftl.

4. notcreative

notcreative New Member

if you start having pain radiating down the arm, it's more than likely a disc problem.

I ruptured c5/c6 and the pain was down my right arm,

then ruptured c6/c7 and the pain went down my left arm.

not fun. good luck.

5. Optamix

Optamix New Member

No arm pain, I'm really hoping for just an obscenely sore/pulled/sprained muscle right near the vertebrae.

6. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

find a cute Physical Therapist/PT student and have her check you out nekkid

7. Drummer161616

Drummer161616 New Member

I lurk here and read all your guys posts, so now I'll contribute a little bit. Here are some awesome stretches for y'all to check out. This is just a tiny little thread I started over at my other forum:

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=36700

The post by Reven is the one with 3 links to dynamic stretching and foam rolling which I have found invaluable in my quest to cure my injuries. Foam rolling is the shit