MMA oh help me god...

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by CrazyFoool, Jul 6, 2007.

1. CrazyFoool

CrazyFoool OT Supporter

So I went to bjj today and after the driilling, they paired me up w/ some brazilian that I never trained w/ before. i guess he goes at different times as me.

holy fucking hell, i'm only 145 lbs currently and the guy must have been 190. not the heaviest i've been paired w/ so whatever...but oh my god was he strong. I couldn't hold my posture for shit. even tho he wasn't very technical, he wore me down like a motherfucker. my arms are completely bruised up but thats normal... my chest and stomach are also completely bruised bc when I had him in guard, he would drive in knuckles into me w/ all his weight which is a good thing for him but man, i felt the water I drank go from my intestines back into my stomach haha. When he pinched me w/ his legs, i felt the same..i wanted to die. Of course, everyone kept pushing me to keep going w/ this guy for 10 mins before switching partners.

I know bjj isn't about strength and if you learn it correctly, you can overcome it but holy hell that shit hurt. He never got me to tap but I have no idea how to do anything bc he manhandles my arms haha.

honestly, that was a lot of fun now that I thnk about it.

2. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

BJJ is all about technique is BS to a point Im a big guy and when I started I was shit technique wise as we all are. It was easy for me to overpower opponents I could muscle out of kimoras and armbars took me a while to get the correct escapes because I never needed to do it properly. Then I had to roll with the blue and purples who used to catch me a bit.

3. tk biz

tk biz New Member

i love it when i roll with 200+ pound judo guys who only know how to face crush people
    I'm 145

4. CrazyFoool

CrazyFoool OT Supporter

a friend of mine who is a blue belt did fine w/ him and made him tap out a few times. He is also a lightweight but he is much better than I am. this same friend rolled w/ some bodybuilding freak of nature from another school and schooled him really well. the guy would not quit bc he's a purple belt and my friend is only a blue but had him under control. you just can't quit when you're a purple and the guy handling you is only a blue and isonly about 145 also.

I got so exhausted..i fought to find a way to stay calm and to sustain my energy. lol. i need to heal for a day then go back.

5. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

next time beat him! nothing bruises a brazilian's ego like getting tapped by a little american dude ;)

6. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

:rofl:

and there are plenty of little brazilian dudes doing bjj

I don't know how any of you 145 lb guys "like" rolling with the 200+ers. I'm about 175-180, and am probably what most of you consider "the bodybuilder guy" at bjj, and the 200+ guys still feel heavy to me.

7. I can't wait to be that guy. :hsugh:

8. tk biz

tk biz New Member

it feels really good to tap people that are way bigger but at the same time in some situations against bigger guys it feels like i'm gonna shit out all my vital organs

9. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

I have no interest in getting crushed for 5 straight minutes.

10. Antigeek

Antigeek Who Dat!

I hate rolling with the "big" guys, unless they've got some skill and experience and don't just get in my guard and lay on me and hope I tap due to suffocation.

11. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I'm "in the middle" at my gym, at ~230. I try not to use my size when I'm going with little 180 pound guys but it's impossible to totally not, but I also have to roll with 270 pound guys so I use my speed and technique in those cases. It's always good to roll with people of all sizes.

12. Antigeek

Antigeek Who Dat!

To use your size is one thing. To say "I can't get past this little shit's guard, so I'm going to lay on his chest until he passes out, then pass" is something completely different.

13. CrazyFoool

CrazyFoool OT Supporter

because it forces you to find an alternative way to beat him. over the last day or so while my body heals itself, i've been thnking aboutways to take advantage of his lack of technical skills. btw, my lower back is stiff as a board and sore..:rofl: so i'm going to have to wait until monday or tuesday.

14. Searcher

Searcher New Member

we have a guy in class we call the blanket.......6 230......lol