MMA oh hell yes

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Bausk, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I train 4 days a week at a place that teaches Muay Thai, Boxing, Combat Submission Wrestling, and BJJ. We really haven't sparred as much as I liked in Muay Thai. We've sparred in Boxing most every night, and rolled every night in BJJ and CSW. It was really frustrating that we didnt spar as much in MT or ever put it all together for MMA at the same time... it was always spar the single art we were on.

My instructor went away to Washington for the week for an Ajarn Chai Muay Thai seminar/summer camp. He came back with some great fucking news: MORE MUAY THAI SPARRING. More basic stuff on our Monday night beginner class, and alot more full sparring on the Thursday night advanced class.

Also, we're changing up the schedule so our Thursday night Submission Wrestling is now MMA Class. :bowdown: So tonight was my first time sparring MMA for "real" and training MMA and not one or the other. Also changed is Wednesday's Submission Wrestling to be split between takedowns and groundwork... it used to be basically no-gi BJJ (no takedown or throw work).

I'm so fucking pumped. I was almost to the point where I was looking at other schools or private lessons just for MMA to put it all together.

My schedule now:

Monday
    Muay Thai 90 minutes
    Combat Submission Wrestling 90 minutes

Tuesday
    Lift weights and Cardio

Wednesday
    Boxing 60 minutes
    Takedowns/Clinch 60 minutes
    CSW 60 minutes

Thusday
    Conditioning 30 minutes
    Muay Thai 60 minutes
    MMA 90 minutes

Friday
    Lift weights and Cardio

Saturday
    Conitioning 30 minutes
    BJJ 60 minutes

Sunday
    Off (soon we are adding a Sunday MT "form" class)

:bowdown:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2006
  2. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

sounds like a good school :coold:

how much do all the programs run you a month? i wish we had something like that here in jax

3. Bausk

Bausk New Member

$125 a month, for both my wife and I (she does Savate and soon Women's BJJ). For one person it's about $100-110 a month unlimited training.

My instructor Chris is a BJJ Brown Belt under Marcello Monteiro (De La Riva Black Belt), and certified under Dan Inosanto, Ajarn Chai, and Erik Paulson. Also certified in Wing Chun, Kali, and Savate but I don't take those classes.

4. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I am at 230 now, down 15 already. I want to get down to fight maybe at 180... but I might try to do something at 205. I really want to atleast do some amatuer event. MMA is banned in Michigan so I'd have to go to Ohio or Indiana for anything, I think.

You can look at my log in F&N. I was fat. I still am fat, and I have a ways to go. But when I started lifting again I was going 3 days a week and now 2 months later I'm training 6 days a week. It'll take time but I can see it happening. I did have kickboxing and some MMA experience from before as well, so I haven't just started from scratch.

5. itr452

itr452 VTEC motherfucker, GOT ANY?

djvash! sounds like a good place to train! congrats dude! you found what you want, which is more than most people can say.

dude, i just ask this of you........ if you ever fight in any events, 2 words for you. WILD BOYS.

;)

6. Placebo

Placebo New Member

No it's not. I'm training for my first fight in a few months and several of my friends have already fought here.

7. Mega-JC: Da Return

Mega-JC: Da Return Tiger Knee!

thats pretty sweet :bigthumb:

8. Bausk

Bausk New Member

:rofl:

9. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I'm pretty sure it is. The latest Real Fighter magazine lists Michigan as one of 7 states where both Amateur and Professional MMA is banned. Also check this link. Pretty sure you and your friends aren't fighting in legal, sanctioned events if they are in Michigan. :o

Where are you fighting? Just wondering if it's anywhere near me.

10. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

dude that's sweet.

11. CyberEye

CyberEye Oh god, the voices

Wow, seeing what other people are paying. I'm damn lucky to only be paying 60 a month at Tompkins. I need to start taking advantage of it, get my ass in gear, and go more then 2 days a week. I've been slack way off lately.

12. Bausk

Bausk New Member

My wife is starting Beginner Muay Thai tonight.

She was taking Savate (French kickboxing) on my offdays, but she's coming tonight to check out the Muay Thai beginner level class for the first time. We also just ordered her a kick sheild so we can work out at home. It makes it a hell of alot easier to spend money on training, gear, and ppv's and other shit when your wife is on board with the whole thing!!! :bowdown:

There are a couple of women who show up for the beginner class now and then. It's a full 90 minute class that usually focuses on stance and form drills, with pad work and light conditioning at the end of the class.

13. padrino2k

padrino2k New Member

Sounds like "martial arts demonstrations" to me... LOL. That's the technical term for smokers out here...
    :mamoru:

...and about the only way you can describe a non-sanctioned fight to a doctor who's sewing your eye shut at urgent care that night!
    :ugh2:

14. Sammo

Sammo New Member

take Sunday off even if a new class starts, IMO