Oh Great Scottwax...

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by WBLeMaster, Jun 8, 2006.

1. WBLeMaster

WBLeMaster My ass was swollen shut. I never saw you, but you

how much (I realize you couldn't possible give me exact numbers but) might it cost for an auto body shop to fix a dent in a car door about 4 inches in diameter... maybe a little more, enough to cup a very tiny mans ass cheek.

2. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

It all depends on what they are going to do, if they are just going to repair the dent you and repaint you are looking at $300 - $500.

Now if they do it right and blend the re-paint with the rest of the side you are looking $1000+

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Depends if it can be PDR'ed out. if the paint isn't cracked or shows signs of stress, it may be possible, otherwise you are looking at $400-1000 depending on the severity and how far beyond the door the bodyshop needs to properly blend in the new paint.

4. WBLeMaster

WBLeMaster My ass was swollen shut. I never saw you, but you

One of my friends at a local dealership said he could get it fixed for $300... 'Preciate the help...

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Don't price shop paint and body work. Seriously. My brother did that when his 3 month old Dodge Ram got hailed on. State Farm gave him $6000, he found a shop that said they could fix it for $3400 cash. Three times in, three time out and each time it was worse. He ended up suing the body shop and winning $10,000...but had to give $4000 to his lawyer and the lawsuit, estimates from other shops, etc ate up 18 months of time.