A&P Oh God.. I have good news, but it bring bad news (kinda)

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by ok_computer, May 1, 2007.

1. ok_computer

ok_computer OT Supporter

So next school year (in 4 months), I'm going to move out with my girlfriend and best friend.. So I needed to get another job for the summer, so I could save up alot of money.

I mostly applied at general labour/construction jobs, just because they all get $15-20/hour.. And I also applied at a photography store in Edmonton, just because I thought I'd throw in a job that I'd actually LIKE, instead of a job just for the money.

I just got a call from the owner and I have an interview on Thursday :noes:

So I've basically just screwed my plan of saving money, it's gonna be hard not to spend every penny there once I get my employee discount :sad2:

Anyway, just thought I'd let you guys know :dunno: I'm excited, it would be fun to work around cameras all day :bigthumb:

This is the place:

www.donsphoto.com

Wish me luck!

2. Traitor

Traitor New Member

Dont forget about giving us discounts too

3. Traitor

Traitor New Member

Dear god his store is expensive

4. quid

quid I Piss Excellence OT Supporter

its probably in looneys

5. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

$749 for a canon xt with kit lens I hope that in canadian even still its high :mamoru:

6. hott-nix

hott-nix New Member

thats a pretty average price for them here.

7. Joetabasco

Joetabasco The Wing King

Yeah those are pretty average prices for Canada... i usually check out local mom and pop shops or www.henrys.com

8. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

prices tend to be higher when you purchase from a store rather than online w/ Dell coupons.

9. ok_computer

ok_computer OT Supporter

Yeah :hsugh:

Just PayPal me and I'll send you the item.. BUT NOT BEFORE CHANGING MY NAME AND NOT SENDING THE ITEM!!!

10. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

Dont get too excited about discounts. Cameras are marked up very little and often employee discounts are minimal at best.

When I worked in a local store, I could buy a camera cheaper from B&H than I could from my store with the discount.

You'll get the most worthwhile discounts on things like printing and albums that have the most markup. Things like cameras and lenses and other items are minimal at best normally.

You'll enjoy the job though.

11. ok_computer

ok_computer OT Supporter

Yeah I'm really not getting super excited about the discount. I'm moving to the most expensive city in Canada in 4 months, I need all the money I can save :hs:

12. mojito

mojito New Member

i sold cameras for a while, and though about going back for the discount, but I'm tired of selling shit and retail hours. I worked at $8 + comm, mornings and afternoons were pretty much like $9, fridays were my big day, 22-30/hr, saturday and sunday were also big, but not as good for me personally. Pretty shitty, but I got as many hours as I wanted (88 in one week once :ugh: ) so overtime helped a bit when I had nothing else to do.

VW is right, most Canon and Nikon products are like 15% markup, and employee discount is usually cost + 5 or 10%, so you'd be saving 5-10%. I'd rather take a better paying job and buy used.

when I got my 10D, I waited will a return came back and we had to open box discount it, it was a better overall price than my discount :greddy: