Oh dear...my macbook already died after 2 months

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by RedGoober4Life, Sep 7, 2006.

1. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

I'm not sure what happened, neither does one of those critters in the back of the Apple store. He said to use the reinstall CD to restore the computer.

Thanks.

It wasn't turning on. Well it was turning on, it wasn't getting past the apple screen when booting from my HD. Bummer. I took the opportunity to inform him that my "4" key was not always agreeing with me.

So a new top cover. Applecare has paid for itself, although in two months it shouldn't have had to. The computer has left my house all of one time. Well two including the trip to the Apple store. I don't mind the "4" key problem, but the entire computer becoming useless bothers me.

"Software problems are uncommon!" well, obviously, because you don't know how to fix it. :rofl:

Oh well. You win and lose...

2. doublemeat

doublemeat New Member

you should make two accounts.... when one doesn't boot up, you can force the other account to. If that works, then you'll know it's a software issue rather than a hardware issue.

3. RedGoober4Life

No. I let it burn my sperm makers. :(

4. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

sounds like a bad hd :dunno:

friend of mine dropped his and had the same problem, does it flash the folder with a ? mark or just stay at the apple logo? Cause the folder with a ? mark means it can't find the OS i.e. bad HD

5. Icedog

Icedog New Member

After I took of bootcamp I get the flashing folder, even after telling sys prefs what I want to boot.

6. RedGoober4Life

I haven't really been able to play around with it. In all honesty when I took it to the store I expected the computer to get fixed, not be told how to fix it myself. If I can't fix it within 15 minutes I will be calling Apple. I simply don't have time with work and the start of the semester. If it remains to be a piece of shit I'm going to see what my options are. I simply don't have time to deal with a problematic computer. The whole point of me buying an Apple was for their support...

It just stays at the Apple logo. When he tested the hardware (I don't know what he did, really, nor do I care to know...) he said all the hardware is in in good shape. It's strictly software. The computer hasn't been abused at all.

7. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

This sounds like bullshit. They should have taken it in. If the hard drive doesn't boot and you can't install OS X again, then the HD is toast.

Call Apple.

8. fishyhell

fishyhell muscle68>catholic school children

set an afternoon out to go to the apple store. I had a busted ibook screen i fot them to replace. it's all about patience. If it's 2 months old and this problem let them know your not happy. ask to see a manager. Have them reinstall the OS. the geniuses are there to help you not guide you.

9. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

They charge for software repairs. Its very easy to reinstall the OS... just put the OS X CD in and reboot.

10. RedGoober4Life

Well it is "fixed"

It boots. I'm posting from it. The 4 key works.

But guess what? The mouse button makes a very weird click. Almost like it is catching when it is released.

Ugh. I'm going to call Apple tomorrow. There's no use going through the Apple store since they fixed one problem to cause another. Ridiculous.

I wish I had a powerbook :( At least they were made well.

11. RedGoober4Life

the keyboard squeaks!

this is fun!

:(