Official X-Mas Gift Thread

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Darth_Kelly, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Darth_Kelly

Darth_Kelly Morality is the herd-instinct in the individual.

At least I think it's the official one; I haven't seen another one.
    In any case, post what gifts you are thinking about/sure of getting for your male and female friends, S.O.s, and families! Try to include a description of what they're like to help out others who might be shopping for a similar person!
    Also, post descriptions of people you are having trouble finding gifts for so we can help you out :)

I'll start. I always bake decorated, from scratch sugar cookies in the shapes of Christmas trees, candy canes, and snowmen, so those would be included in a little bag (with an obligatory excessively curly red ribbon tied around them) along with these gifts.

For one of my female friends who is adorable, fashionable, intelligent, and very sarcastic:
    Philosophy's 3-1 body gel in Cranberry $20.00. Mmm. I think she'll like it because it's a relatively uncommon scent and is also pretty damn efficient as it can be used as a shampoo, shower gel, and bubble bath.
    [​IMG]

For another female friend who is insanely positive and happy, bubbly, and trendy:
    Philosophy's "sugar plum fairy" set at Nordstrom $16.00. The packaging is adorable and the scent is sweet and sugary.
    [​IMG]

I'm lost as what to get for 1) a guy I am very close to who is very trendy/fashionable (but straight), an actor, smart, and into indie music, 2) a geeky, "indie", very intelligent male friend, 3) another actor who isn't geeky or indie, just kind of a typical teenage guy (I'm thinking a Starbucks gift card), and 4) my gay best friend who is very stylish, bubbly, and *very* gay.

Happy (early) Holidays!

2. :|

:| Guest

Sony Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 2.2GHz Laptop

a dude at holts helped me put together a skincare pack too

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Darth_Kelly

Who are you getting the Mercier for?

4. :|

mom :/

5. Darth_Kelly

awww :hug: my mom would flip if I bought her skincare products... she'd think I was trying to say she looked bad :hs:
    I bought her a Judith Leiber business card holder one year for her birthday... that seemed to be the gift she liked best.

6. digitaljames

digitaljames OT Supporter

I'm not quite sure what i'm getting anyone yet.

7. :|

if she doesnt want it ill get her something else :mamoru::mamoru::mamoru:

i already got her a gift card at the vidal sassoon salon

8. Problematique

Problematique New Member

I haven't started thinking about it.

I'm two people down on my usual list, so I've only got to get 4 presents this year :bowdown:

9. Darth_Kelly

:cool: Nice. That's something I'd want... but my mom makes so much money on her own that she doesn't like things like that. It really limits my options, because everything she doesn't want to buy herself is crazily expensive, and the only other things she really wants are homemade. So I have no idea what I'm going to do for her :dunno:

10. Problematique

Problematique New Member

Wow. I'm glad my Mom is easy for presents :hs:

She always tells me what kind of jewelry she likes at the moment, so I get her that and then always get her a little surprise. I like to spoil my Mom a bit when I can afford it.

11. :|

my mom has money...she just won't spend it on herself, its weird