Official: Starcaft 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Online Adventures' started by Azazel28, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

I wanted to announce a new website that is currently in heavy development for the Starcaft gaming community. I wanted to show you the first glimpses of the new gaming guild. Angels of Armageddon has been around since the first Starcraft later branching to other games like Diablo and World of Warcaft. The guild later slowed due to so few people willing to invest time in WoW. However, we are proud to announce that we are gearing up for the Starcaft 2 beta. Many of the current members of this community will have access to the Starcraft 2 beta because of our Blizzcon beta keys.

Anywho, I thought I would show the OT community since many of you I know are looking forward to the Starcaft 2 beta as well as the final release.

This is our design mock: here

Also this our our forum mock: here

We have many things planned as the beta gets closer to release. We are going to be holding tournaments that are both within the guild as well as guild vs guild. If you guys have any suggestions for the community please feel free to voice it on this thread our check us out at our tempory forums: here.

Thanks guys.

2. Eyau

Eyau .

This makes..me...want to play more, watched the 3rd starcraft battle report when it came out, David Kim is amazing. Game looks sick, I believe theyd just be working out quirks and balancing units. Would kill for a beta key ^^ Hope ur guild does well

3. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

Yes we are all extremely excited about SC2. I can not wait.

4. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

Testing Site

The testing site is up for the homepage, we still don't have a lot of functions working right now. We are working on the Jquery accordion plugins for the forum module. and axe'ing out the logo fade.

Again this is still very very early in testing. We will be updating this as the days go by the though. We should have the forums re-skinned and modified as early as Saturday or Sunday.

5. m2e

m2e OT Supporter

:ugh: get your bullshit spam out of here. if you want traffic pay for a sticky.

6. Oh Its Joe

Oh Its Joe OT Supporter

this and diablo :bowdown:

7. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

Lulz :wavey:

Has nothing to do with bullshit spam. Do you even know how to use that term correctly?

Definition of Forum spam: Forum spam is the posting of advertisements, abusive, or unwanted messages on Internet forums. It is generally posted by automated spambots.

This is a topic discussing Starcraft 2 and within that I would think that many individuals would be interested in joining a group they they can play it. It is not an advertisement (I made no profit), it is posted in a related area, i'm not abusing it in anyway and if it was so unwanted...then why are you the only one bitching about it?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  8. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

Can't wait for either. I'm going to blizzcon this year...it should be fantastic.

I'm hoping that I get another beta key like I did at blizzcon 2008 :x:

9. m2e

m2e OT Supporter

yeah, advertising the opening of your shitty site that youve been begging people in the webmaster subforum for help on, yeah its not spam :cjerk:

10. Pepsi1975

Pepsi1975 Mod of the Year

wrong this is spam, you want to be able to post links to your site in here, buy a members sub, but you are not allowed post links to your site without one

11. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

Begging? Poor word choice, but I appreciate the enthusiasm. I was purely looking for opinions on the overall design. I found the feedback to be quite helpful as well as fairly positive, but you may spin it however you like.

Also, I'm not looking for traffic. It is a testing site that serves no other purpose but to test. Crawlers and analytical data have been disabled, but getting people aware of our guild is no different than others posting that they are looking for others to play with over the console (taking down 360/PS3 users names or Wii Codes for a given title). I can't help but be excited over Starcraft and getting back into kicking peoples asses at it. :hsd:

12. Pepsi1975

Pepsi1975 Mod of the Year

and you could have shown your excitement by not mentioning your site, and yes it is different than asking for user names on consoles

13. Los

Los Active Member

Why is this in MMO?

14. Eyau

Eyau .

Isnt MMO's actual definition massively multiplayer online? I would say it COULD go under here