MMA Official Pride Shockwave...

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Kuet, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Kuet

Kuet New Member

......half the roster.

taken from mmaweekly.com
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=2956&zoneid=13

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- PRIDE UNLEASHES BIG GUNS FOR SHOCKWAVE[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thursday, November 16, 2006 - by MMAWeekly.com[/FONT]
    [​IMG]

Known for fight cards that range from astonishing to puzzling, Pride FC announced many of the fighters, but not the matchups, for their New Year’s Eve Shockwave event. And it is safe to say that the list of fighters so far falls into the astonishing category.

The names released by Pride so far include heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko, Open Weight Grand Prix champion Mirco “Cro Cop” Filipovic, middleweight titleholder Wanderlei Silva, welterweight champ Dan Henderson, lightweight belt-holder Takanori Gomi, Middleweight Grand Prix champion Mauricio “Shogun” Rua, Josh Barnett, Hidehiko Yoshida, Mark Hunt, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, and Kazuyuki Fujita,

It appears that Pride is ready to pull out all the stops for Shockwave and for good reason. After having lost their TV deal earlier this year with Fuji TV, such a star-studded card could help the promotion in securing a new deal, at least on a short-term basis.

wow.... this could be the best card of '06 bar none. I wanna know who is fighting who :noes: :bowdown: .... and yes, sammo, that includes ufc 65.

2. FlyingNun

FlyingNun Active Member

with those names i really dont think they can go too wrong...every champion is listed there except for misaki

3. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

sounds impressive :x:

4. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

Definitely going to be Barnett v. Fedor to make up for unfair odds he got against Crocop last time... Unfortunate too cause I want to see Crocop v. Fedor 2. I think Crocop stands a chance now that he's had more time to do ground fighting (although he still won't win, just like Barnett).

Edit: man... maybe Barnett will get another chance against Crocop rather than against Fedor... Shit I need to know who's going to fight who! If it's Barnett v. Crocop, then will it be Nog or Yoshida versus Fedor? Are the two teammates Shogun and Silva gonna go at it? That I'd like to see. Fuck I wanna know :wtc:

Edit2: And who the hell is Gomi gonna fight? There's nobody else in his weight class! I hope he fights Silva, that would be fun to watch

5. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

i think it's gonna be barnett vs. nogueira, hunt vs. fujita

maybe since hendersons last fight was at 205 he'll stay there and fight shogun :eek3:

and maybe crocop vs. fedor 2 will happen :eek3:

6. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

now that I think of it, Hunt vs. Fujita is a bad ass matchup. I really hope that goes down :x: Same for Crocop v. Fedor... but the problem there is Barnett just beat Nog like 2 months ago, so I doubt they'd put them against each other again.

And Dan Henderson wouldn't stand a chance against shogun :o Frankly nobody Shogun's size stands a chance against Shogun.

7. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

even though barnett just beat nog, there will be a rematch on new years, Nogueira has stated that he is training for barnet and even though the matchup isn't confirmed he's gonna pull some strings with pride and get it
    [/FONT]

8. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

This should be a GREAT event... I'm stoked to see Fedor vs. CroCop 2, but my understanding is they are probably going to give Mirko a can match since he is coming off injury and save the big fight for early next year. I really want to see Fedor vs. Barnett, but Barnett vs. Nog would also be a good fight considering the clinic they put on at the OWGP... Any idea on who Wanderlei might be fighting?? Little nog maybe??

9. FlyingNun

FlyingNun Active Member

im thinking fedor vs yoshida...they tried to set this up last NYE

10. RunninWild

RunninWild How subtle of you

Where will this fight take place?

11. chackrafool

chackrafool New Member

12. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

If that's the case then I feel sorry for poor old Yoshida.

13. McClane

McClane Who Killed Marilyn?

I've been wanting to see Fedor Barnett for a long time...

14. GreatDeceiver

GreatDeceiver OT Supporter

15. RunninWild

Fedor will teach that sloppy baby-faced bitch boy a lesson. No doubt

16. Kuet

Kuet New Member

please dont post in my threads, mmk thx :wavey:

17. EG6

EG6 OT Supporter

Oh man...if this happens then it'll be even worse then the fight he had with CroCop. :eek3:

18. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

I dont care who fights who, thats a sensational card of fighters

19. RunninWild

What I said was an opinion if those two fight eachother.
    Tell me where what I said is wrong? That's what I thought.