MMA "Official" event threads

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by IntheWorks, Jan 31, 2008.

?

Official threads

Poll closed Feb 2, 2008.
  1. "main" events

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. all events

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. WTF, who cares?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

As I mentioned the other day, I thought a good way to make all sides happy about spoilers, and discussing events after they happened was to make an "official xxxxxx" thread and sticky it to the top of the page... all discussion would be posted in there so those of us who might not get to see it that day can still come into the cage without worry of seeing the outcome.

now, my question is... how many of these official threads should we have? As you can see I created an event list for February. Do you guys want an official post for each event, or just stick to the big events... (IFL, UFC, Elite, WEC, K-1) or do you want a post for each event, no matter how big or small?

2. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

Somebody will usually make a thread for the larger events you mentioned, so if you want to go through the trouble of making an official stickied thread and deleting / merging others, that would be cool.

Alternatively I think most of us are ok not putting spoilers in our threads title, but then again most of us arent stupid enough to come to a MMA discussion board and expect to not see MMA discussion.

3. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

I dont like the idea because you will still have people coming in making new threads. And to limit a stacked event (not saying this one is) to one thread is kind of impractical.

4. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

How about a whole new subforum just for the MMA events! So people can go in there and discuss whatever they want!

[​IMG]