Official and released: Hyundai Genesis

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by art_VW_shark, Dec 6, 2007.

1. art_VW_shark

art_VW_shark OT Supporter

Hyundai Genesis sedan officially revealed in Korea

Posted Dec 5th 2007 10:28AM by Alex Nunez
    Filed under: Detroit Auto Show, Sedans/Saloons, Hyundai
    [​IMG]
    Click image for hi-res gallery of the Genesis

The spy photos were both detailed and plentiful, and today, any remaining mystery about the new Hyundai Genesis luxury sedan's looks can be put to rest. The car was previewed to the media in Korea this week, and the photos released by Hyundai show the Korean-market version of the car au naturale. Note the newly-unveiled winged Genesis emblem on the hood and wheel centers. The US-market cars should sport the familiar stylized "H" instead. Specific technical details are not given save for confirmation that the four-door Lexus-fighter will be offered with a 375 horsepower Tau V8 and a pair of Lambda V6's (3.3L and 3.8L). According to a company spokesman, the most expensive version of Hyundai's new flagship should come at around $40,000 USD depending on equipment (the V6 should sticker under $30K). Koreans will be able to buy the car in January, with US and Chinese sales to follow later in the first half of '08. The car's full dog-and-pony show reveal will take place next month at the Detroit Auto Show, and we'll be there to bring you all the details.
    More [email protected]://www.autoblog.com/photos/2009-hyundai-genesis-sedan-korean-market-version/
    What y'all think? CLassic-albeit generic lines and great price will move this guy, and probably turn over would be RL and A6 (buyers who are obviously not as name conscious as E-class and 7-series buyers) buyers, both of which want a bigger car for the buck. I doubt it'll do much damage to the big boys, who're the same size, S550, 750i,A8,LS460,XJ, etc. Oh, will probably do some damage to M35 sales.

2. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

you are not trishield

3. art_VW_shark

so you need to own a GTO to copy a autoblog article?
    :ugh::ugh::ugh:

4. mtnbikekid08

mtnbikekid08 Aime-moi moins, mais aime-moi longtemps

Yup. GTFO. :rofl:

5. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Yeah, that doesn't at all look like it's trying to be a Lexus and a BMW at the same time.

6. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

I didn't say it, you did :hsugh:

7. red97gst

red97gst New Member

Well it didn't work too well for VW with their Phaeton or their Passat W8, but those don't come with a 10 year warranty. So we're finally getting a hyundai with tires wider than 205? ANOTHER FESTIVUS MIRACLE!

8. art_VW_shark

hahah.
    Well, poor sales=/=bad car, in case of the phaeton (reviews were great). Um, while badging and reputation are an issue, most hyundai buyers already don't care: I have a camry/accord has more cache than I have a sonata. but they don't seem to care. As i said, this isn't taking sales from the 70+K full sizers; this'll probably steal some GS, M35, even A6 sales.

9. deusexaethera

Hyundai's definitely moving up in the world. I gotta admit, I was considering trading in for an Azera at one point. I don't think I'll need an engine bigger than 4L anytime soon.

10. red97gst

red97gst New Member

Dude Hyundai is Big Dick out in Korea...they have been making luxury cars for years. And the new Sonata and Azera are good cars. Plus I'd be surprised if a lot of camry buyers even know it's a Korean company or that their H logo isn't Honda. But regardless of "name", GS and RL buyers are all about reliability, dealer service, and resale value. And the resale value will not be there for Hyundai, and I doubt the high level of dealer service will be there either.

The high end VWs are great cars, I don't deny it, but as with Hyundai, the resale value is totally fucked. The advantage Hyundai has is their warranty though, so I can see a lot of people buying their cars to keep for a long while, versus the Audi/BMW/Benz buyer who often leases or trades their car in within 2-3 years.

I'm assuming this thing is RWD? There are a number of styling cues ripped off of other brands there, but Hyundai does a decent job. IMO the Sonata looks better than the last gen Accord whose design they loosely stole

11. deusexaethera

Wow, I had a really hard time following that.

12. art_VW_shark

RWD with a 340 optional V8 :eek:
    it's the real deal on paper

13. spectre

spectre New Member

14. art_VW_shark

fuck

15. neotango

neotango New Member