Office07 Pissing Me Off...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by IslanderOffRoad, Apr 2, 2008.

1. IslanderOffRoad

IslanderOffRoad Do you even lift kit? OT Supporter

My laptop that I bought in January had a trial version of office 07 on it as well as office 2003, full version. I'm running MS Vista.

My trial has since expired, I save all files as Office 03 docs for compatibility with my co workers computers. Every time I try to open a file it defaults to open Office 07, and then will only let me view the spreadsheet.

I could care less about having 07, I'd just like my files to open and let me view them without the run around of going through opening 03, then opening the file.

any tips on what I should do?

2. dissonance

dissonance reset OT Supporter

uninstall office 07 and download the Office 07 compatibility update from MS's website.

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

yea, uninstall.

you can also change the file extension associations.

4. dissonance

I did that with mine for Excel, PowerPoint, and Word (from 07 to 2002) and it only worked for Word. I have changed the extension on Excel and PowerPoint several times but it still always opens with '07. Word documents worked on the first try.

5. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Then you must still have Office 07 installed.

6. dissonance

I do, what I was saying that I did was only what I quoted..
    What I was pointing out is that changing the file extension only worked for Word. Its odd but thats what happened. I'm not trying to ask for help b/c its not a big deal to me. The main reason I did it to begin with was that PowerPoint always has an error when I close it and it reopens itself after. Annoying, but doesn't disrupt anything since it only does it when I close the prog. Within the first week of installing it, Office 07 noticed a high number of errors (this is the only error I have gotten) and prompted me that it detected so many and wanted to run a system test. This test checked RAM, hard drive, OS, and I can't remember what else. It found nothing.

7. popsnbeer

popsnbeer New Member