Office configuration, data, voice, video etc. Looking for suggestions/ideas.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Keyzs, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Keyzs

Keyzs OT Supporter

I have designed and built several branch office systems for my company including data and voice. Anywhere from 5 to 60 people all on a tight budgets and time frames.

This time I have been asked to design a showcase for the company. 5000sq feet office in the Upper East Side of New York for a couple execs. The area is broken up into 3 top exec offices, administrative area, 5 mid-range execs and a ‘high-tech’ boardroom. It will need voice (VoIP), data and video conferencing (hosted in house with multipoint) using the BEST systems (not bleeding edge but close) with an almost unlimited budget.

Since all of OT’s IT folks are rich and only work with high-end systems I figured it was a good place to look for ideas, suggestions and opinions!

In the past I have gone with Cisco including VoIP, but I am not sure it can hang with multipoint Video Conferencing… Avaya has some interesting options, but their website is horrible to find detailed information…

What would you do?

2. 7960

7960 New Member

3. Keyzs

Keyzs OT Supporter

I have seen an 352n in action and I was not all that impressed but I do not know if it was device or the people running it.

Cisco has always worked for me in the past...

4. 7960

7960 New Member

tell an AM "I'll buy the whole package and commit to you for VoIP, data, video, phone it if you actually get this multipoint video working in my office" and see what happens.

My guess, an SE shows up and configures it and it'll work..........or the AM will send me an email and I'll be forced to send him a working config to make it work and he'll take all the credit and I won't get any commission :(