Office 2003 problem Help ;;! :wtc:

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Igneous, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Igneous

Igneous \\ OT Supporter

Every sicne i re-installed windows XP (hdd crashed) and reinstalled ms office 2003 I've been having serious issues loading up ms word/access/excel/publisher/powerpoint. I am able to start them all fine (except ms word which i have to delete the Normal template or rename it to Normal.dot) that I got from this thread.
    Now I have a new problem, whever It loads up, any document i save cannot be re-opened. Even previous documents I've had fail to load and on the bottom of the tab it says "Running Virus Scan, however I used mcaffee and i read on MS website that mcaffe can sometimes cause this so i uninstalled it and tried norton instead but it does the same thing.
    Word/access/and the rest of the office suite just freezes. I've tried installing all teh latest updates avilable @ ms website, also tried reinstalling office 2003 multiple times only to have the same problem happen over and over. And some wierd issue with outlook 2003 when i update it from ms ALL my email accounts cant connect to the server anymore.
    Anyone have any ideas on what i could try as any help in an effort to fix this problem would be much appreciated. ms website really is so confusing i've been searching around for a good 2hrs and i cant figure out how to fix this thing. :wtc: :wtc: :wtc: :wtc:

2. samm

samm Next in Line

do you have legit versions of XP and Office?

3. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

Holy crap. Reformat and start over again. Don't install the AV before you install and test office. Also, if you are not using legit Office CDs, dump the crap you have and get some (I don't care how if you don't). Same for the OS. Use a straight XP CD, not a hacked up version (either illegal or modified for small footprint, etc). For office to act like that something is majorly fucked up.

I would also run the disk diag on your hard drive, it or the IDE cable could be corrupting the data on the disk.

Finally, ditch that fucking Mcaffee and get Trend Micro or AVG.

4. Igneous

Igneous \\ OT Supporter

ya its all legit stuff ;i reinstalled windows on a diff hdd and i downloaded that free avg virus thing and it seems to work ok now... i dot realy know if it was thehdd or the antivirus proggies but it works... for now i hope this problem doens't come back :/.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2005