***Offical: Age of Conan Thread

Discussion in 'Online Adventures' started by Azazel28, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

If you guys do not know what AoC is visit http://www.ageofconan.com

Huge MMO coming out sometime around May, looks to be quite a game. Arriving for both PC and XBox 360 (later), more action orientated game play, less focused on dice rolls and repetitive game play. It has everything you would expect from a modern MMO, PvP, PvE, Raid, Guild Halls, RTS style siege, etc.

Anyway, a few friends and myself have created a guild for this revolutionary MMO. If you are interested in the game, check out our clan website and give us your feedback

Ordus Inferi - "YOUR DEBT HAS NOT BEEN PAID"

The Basis:
    • Language: English
    • Primary Time Zone: GMT -7
    • Focus: PvE (50%) / PvP (50%)
    • RP: Optional
    • Server Type: US PvE / PvP
    • Server Name: Tyranny - PvP Server
    • Recruiting: Yes
    • Races Accepted: All
    • Classes Accepted: All
    Purpose:
    We, the High Pariah, have been sanctioned by Lord Xotli to extend his generosity to the bound and condemned servants of lesser deities. To his glory, we offer sanctuary to the lost and weary travelers looking for protection from there foes just as our Lord Xotli showed mercy on our Patriarch.​
    Membership:
    • We welcome all to share in the journey our Lord Xotli has directed us on but the true followers of his blessings are few chosen from many.
    • We will give you respect so we ask of it in return.
    • We will give you our time so we only ask for what you can give.
    • We will help in your time of need so when you tell us your help is available, we will hold you to that promise.
    • And we strongly urge the use of x-fire and ventrilo when the time of this world’s purging is at hand.
    Structure:
    Our Ordus organization is based on time and contribution to the cause. Your time of elevation begins from the moment you are accepted as an Acolyte. Based on your contribution to the clan, you can gain honor among your peers that will grant you blessings beyond your fellow man. And even your prestige class will be rewarded accordingly.​
    Our Lord Xotli has shown grace on us and so we owe him our allegiance. You, too, can earn his gifts and accept his supreme mercy and power. Visit us here at www.ordusinferi.com to learn more. ​

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  2. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

It is is a game I think a lot of people should keep in eye on. Even if you are not that into previous MMO's. Considering how they changed the combat style to something a little more visceral.

It is less about drinking some coffee to keep you interested in the game play and about making you active in the fight.

3. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

Maybe there are less people interested in the game than I thought. Stil, you guys should at least give the Conan website a look through, you might find something you like.

4. Koltas

Koltas OT Supporter

In. :cool:

Been following this for a while now. I just hope the gameplay doesn't end up being oversimplified since it has a lot of promise from everything I've been reading/hearing.

5. Vistrix

Vistrix So Say We All

Its going to be huge. Funcom are awesome devlopers & because its 18 rated, the combat is awesome.

The CPU/player VS player city siege battles are fucking incredible.

6. Koltas

Koltas OT Supporter

I guess that's staying true to lore? :dunno:

7. deviant

deviant rest your trigger on my finger

what's wrong with naked chicks? :dunno:

8. Vistrix

Vistrix So Say We All

In the Hyborian age, alot of the womenz were slaves :eek3:

9. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

Agree'd, I can not wait to get my hands on the game....it will be interesting. The beta should be out soon, I am hoping they give out the names of who they picke din the next week or so.

10. Sexbomb

Sexbomb New Member

Will this game be graphically intensive? I can run Guild War fine. I dunno how well my x300 will hold up now though... :0

11. Abomb

Abomb New Member

12. CrimsonVonDoom

CrimsonVonDoom There Cannot be Two Skies OT Supporter

Pay my subscription!

13. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

I will pass :noes::noes:

Well, check out our forum. We will have up to date responses and links to age of conan related topics and discussions, etc. Come and join our new growing community. :bigthumb:

14. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

I've been watching this one for a very long time. I mean I like Conan...I haven't been into an rpg in quite a while but it seems cool.

15. CrimsonVonDoom

will any of these links pay my subscription?

16. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

Thats a.....:fawk:

17. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

This game is most likely going to take a large portion of the players away from the lackluster community that is "WoW."

So many users starving for content and changes, I know way too many people that used to be extremely into WoW and now...they only play it as a filler (If at all).

18. CrimsonVonDoom

You know what would make me flock to Conan? Free subscription. MMmmmm yeah. That's what I was starving for.

19. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

Never going to happen, oh come on there are some really great things they are doing with AoC.

You will see, it will be such a big game.

20. CrimsonVonDoom

I can't help but question your commitment to how awesome the game is if you aren't willing to buy subs for others to experience how awesome it is. It must not really be so awesome.

21. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

Crazy little man you are.

22. CrimsonVonDoom

So what can this Xolti do for me?

23. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

so when I first read about this it seemed it was going to have less magic and sorcery. is this the direction the game seems to be headed currently? I'd like to see a medieval fantasy type game with less focus on spells and more focus on combat and obtaining crazy weapons and armor. I'm all for ranged combat but AOE spells and ranged combat should be done with arrows, rocks etc instead of spells. It'd just be nice to see somthing different for a change.

24. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

Not completely, there is a lot of focus on melee/hand to hand combat. However, mages also have some very nice and interesting gameplay twists. For starters, there is no "tab" auto target...you literally have to aim your fireball or AOE strike at the enemy. Also, mages are able to do what is call spellweaving. Spellweaving, basically is the ability to combine spells together for a more powerful spell (but at a cost), the cost of these types of spells is called "Soul Corruption" if you acquire enough of it some negative and potentially deadly effects can occur.

Other types of range combat includes, throwing weapons and of course bow and arrows. These weapons too will go into a FPS mode (3rd person, over the shoulder angle) and allow the player to actually aim their shots.

As for the "crazy items" are you referring to more of a Diablo II'ish or WoW'ish? Truthfully, I have no idea about how exactly the items are going to work, but they have announced it will be less of an item centric game.

25. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

Well if you can run Oblivion you should be able to run this game at a reasonable rate. I would recommend upgrading that video card soon though, it is a little bit older. A new 8600 would only set you back a little over a hundred dollars or so and it is a decent next gen. card.