GUN Off Duty LEO in uniform tasered by LEO from another Dept

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Dec 17, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Police Use Taser Gun On Off-Duty Detroit Officer

Updated: December 15th, 2006 02:53 PM EDT

E-Mail This StoryE-mail Story Print This StoryPrint Story Most Read Stories TodayMost Read Most Emailed Stories TodayMost Emailed

Story by clickondetroit.com

Investigators are looking into what led to the use of a Taser gun on a Detroit police officer following a traffic stop early Wednesday morning.

Police said the incident was caught on a camera mounted inside a Farmington Hills police car.

Farmington Hills police said they pulled over Detroit police Sgt. David Marshall after he allegedly ran a red light at 10 Mile and Middlebelt roads.

Marshall continued to drive toward his home, stopped in his driveway and then got out of the car, sources said. He was driving his personal vehicle but was still wearing his police uniform.

Sources who have seen the video tape of the incident said Marshall was schocked with a Taser gun after he refused to put his gun in the car at the request of the officer.

Farmington Hills Police Chief William Dwyer said his officer acted responsibly and no action is being taken.

Detroit police would not comment and said the incident is under administrative review, which includes looking at a copy of the video.

Marshall faces three charges: interfering with an officer, resisting arrest and running a red light.

Stay tuned to Local 4 and ClickOnDetroit.com for updates to this story.

2. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

Nope, that is standard procedure for many departments. When you pull someone over wearing a police uniform but don't know them, you have to verify their identity with the dept. If they are carrying a sidearm then they are requested it be relinquished until they are confirmed to be an LEO and if he was being belligerant then he's going to be disarmed even if he is confirmed.

3. demusn79

demusn79 New Member

Don't you guys know cops don't have to obey laws,thats just for us lesser
    folks.
    I know I'm from Chicago and seen it first hand several times.
    Seen theft of money,theft of property,road rage from an off duty cop(dui)
    They cover each others asses real good too!

4. mzmtg

mzmtg New Member

One more use of a taser as a compliance tool instead of a defensive tool.

5. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

Good. That cop shouldn't have broke the law and expected to get away with it.

6. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

Maybe he didn't realize he ran the red light. It's happened to me before and then pointed out by a passenger. Cops work long hours sometimes and are probably mush by the time they go home. But since he was a sergeant, he probably just sat at a desk all day/night drinking coffee :mamoru:

Still, he should know better and should have complied immediately. Had he done that, I bet he would have been cleared and possibly even shared a laugh with the other officer. Then probably would have invited him in for dinner and a game of scrabble... on the tax payer's dollars of course.

7. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

it is a compliance tool.

8. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

:werd: :mamoru: Defense is what they carry the gun around for.