Odd Pricing on MKV GTI v. Canada

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Dirty-D, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Dirty-D

Dirty-D New Member

So, after i wrote off my poor poor sil40 (see eastern imports thread).
    I need to get another car. the GTi sort of tickles my fancy
    So i wandered into the stealership to take a look, everything checks out and the one i want to purchase is schedualed to be built and delivered in early june.
    So, i ask about pricing.
    He says their current "special" (on base GTi) is 3,000 Down, 48 months at 399/mo.
    Now, the GTi they used for this plan is 27,xxx. Mine comes to around 35ish.
    I looked at a Benz C230 Komp sedan a while back, and they had the IDENTICAL LEASE PLAN. 3000down, 399/mo 48 months. Now, the C230 starts around 35-36. that's 8 or 9 THOUSAND more than the GTI, yet you're paying the same amount through the lease term.
    The guy didn't tell me waht the intrest rate was (im assuming around 4-5%) or residual value.

Does this seem like a huge ass lease payment?
    Am i getting fucked by Northland Volkswagen?

2. Chris87

Chris87 flatoutperformance.com

The salesmen could have just made a mistake, or maybe there was a miscommunication between the 2 of you with some of the terms.

Best course of action is to go back there and find out what the interest rate is, and the residual value. Both of those will have a big effect on what kind of 'deal' you're getting.

3. Dirty-D

Dirty-D New Member

I know, which is why i'm confused he didn't bother to tell me.
    Was supposed to email me a brouchoure, (Cause they dont have hard copies :greddy: ) but never did.
    I don't like this guy.
    My best guess is they're going to give me a low as fuck residual value, so i'll essentially be forced to keep the car, so they won't have to go through the trouble of reselling it.