SRS OCD: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Anyone here have it?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JakobwithaK, May 30, 2006.

1. JakobwithaK

JakobwithaK Titty fuck for the win!

Or know of anyone who has suffered from this utter torture? If so, share your stories. :)

2. KOedX

KOedX New Member

my buddy has to do everything in sets of three. If he sneezes one time, he will fake 2 more sneezes. if he takes a drink of something, he takes 3.. Its kinda funny sometimes because if we get in an argument i just cough one and he stops yelling and coughs twice. Its a good way to get a word in..

3. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Yeah, I have it. It can be pretty problematic at times and annoying but at least I do not have it on an excessive level.

Too many stories to post, but random things that I suffer from are:

1. Washing hands.
    2. Locking doors.

I'm obessed with keeping my hands clean. If my hands feel dirty I have to find a restroom even if it means going out of my way to get to one.

I often forget to see if I locked my doors correctly, whether it be apartment doors or car doors, I have to double check, often times I have to check a third time even though I know I already locked it the first or second time.

4. PlatinumX

PlatinumX OT Supporter

I try not to step on the cracks/splits in the sidewalks, hate smudges on windows, sunglasses, etc, clean my hands at least 10 times a day, have to have my mp3's tagged a certain way (caps, dashes, no underscores, etc), and plenty more I cant think of right now.

It sucks :hs:

5. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

I haven't been diagnosed by a Dr. as having OCD, but I do some things that someone with OCD would do.

Like when I have all my windows down in my car, I make sure they are all open the same amount. It's like that with other things, I make sure they're symmetrical. Also I'm anal about things looking neat and straight. Like if I lay a towel down on my bed for a minute, I make sure that it lines up and is straight with the lines of my bed. I hope that makes sense.

6. johan

johan Active Member

OCD is treatable. Very treatable. See a doctor.

7. stealthrapt0r

stealthrapt0r me lift weights

i have the same problem

8. Cthalupa

Cthalupa New Member

I have a few OCD tendancies, though I've mostly gotten them under control. I have a friend who was very OCD though. With some treatment, he was 'normal' pretty quickly.

9. JakobwithaK

hmm interesting.

10. JakobwithaK

Thats not out of the ordinary like mine :wtc: Yours sounds minor, whereas mine can get extreme (when its on). I could have OCD one week real bad, or one month then it will go away for the next 4 months. :eek4:

11. JakobwithaK

I wouldnt say you have OCD. Because it doesnt sound like its gotten to the point where it eats away your daily schedule like mine can.

12. JakobwithaK

I dont think you have OCD either, sounds like you just like to be very organized. Boy, reading all these stories from others makes me feel and look like a handicap :o

13. JakobwithaK

Well mine does that but only for the time being. My OCD is soooo odd that its so hard to explain. I wouldnt even know how to type it out in attempting to describe it. I dont even think many of the DRs I have seen in the past have fully acknowledged what my case was. Im so ashamed so having to go through such an awkward situation. I dont tell many people, too embarassed and most would just laugh thinking im hysterical - "yaaa ok" :ugh::o

Its so wierd. I can go half a year OCD free and manage to live a much less stressful life, which is very relieving, and then all of a sudden get hit by my OCD again the next day and last me a month.

Right now, after what happened today I am completely digusted with my actions. I dont even know if I can talk about it, how depressing. Up until about a week and a half ago, maybe more...I went another long stretch OCD free, this time it was about 5 months. :) But when i suffer with it, theres so many precious hours, days, weeks, months, chewed up and wasted by OCD. Unfortunately, with all my research and the help that I have gotten on my OCD, I have accomplished the first step which is being able to control it for the most part - im fairly knowledgable in that area, but the hard part is preventing it from coming back and thats something i have yet to pass.

Well from the DRs ive visited, they say my OCD is mild...and I tend to agree. Simply for the fact that its on and off, and Im not one who suffers 365 days a year - which trust me many do...which I couldnt imagine that torture. But when I do get OCD, whether its for 2 weeks or 2 months it can get real bad.

Ive been dealing with this for like 5 yrs now...till last year I got to the point where I was just so furious. Upset with myself for falling for the negative demons and letting that other self, that other voice walk all over your mind and literally control your thinking and actions. Cause that is pretty much what OCD is, a lot of people tend to think its your fault, which its not. Its another voice (I call it a demon, which it is), that is eating away at your mind and controlling your brain. OCD is a brain cycle that gets stuck in a certain part of our brains, and its like its just glued there. Its the matter of us removing that thought, and how I found to be a good way is by mentally telling the demons, everytime you hear it in your head...to go away...just stuff like that. Do anything to fight the urge to NOT do what you bad habit is. everytime we do this, we are just feeding the demons and it gets bigger and bigger.

Well DRs usually say they have to actually diagnosis you with it, but I dont think you really need to be. If you are doing or having a certain bad thought/bad habit that is addicting and you find your brain cycles it over and over, and it eats away at your everyday life...then ya that is OCD.

If it is just a one time, or two time thing that you do, then it isnt OCD. OCD is a certain thought that is stuck in your brain and you keep doing it over and over again.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2006
  14. MichaelJackson

MichaelJackson New Member

I had insane OCD issues when I was a kid.

Always approaching things on the right side.
    Avoiding cracks.
    Hitting myself in the face for minor mistakes I made, thinking that I would learn from it. :hsugh:

If I didn't do these things, I would think that shit would hit the fan and I would get this uneasy feeling in the back of my mind. It got so bad to the point that it would seem like a posessive voice would force me to do all of this.

I eventually got fed up and proceeded to approach my situation with this "fuck it" mentality. Go ahead and kill me if I refuse the routine.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2006
  15. MichaelJackson

MichaelJackson New Member

I kept this to myself for the longest time in fear of people assuming that I was mentally ill. Good to know that I wasn't alone. :hs:

16. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Count me in with this group as well. My desk area MUST BE SPOTLESS or I cannot function. :o

17. Metal

Metal Active Member

Very interesting post :hugot:

18. 2500

2500 Guest

the reason Drs say you must be diagnosed with OCD is because not all people who like their work areas clean have OCD. not all people who don't step on cracks, or label their Mp3 collection the same have OCD. THATS why you need to be seen by a Dr and diagnosed. i always label my music the same. First Letter Caps - Song Name. always. space - space in between. do i have OCD? no, lol. i like my desk clean and orderly, but do i have OCD? no. OCD is a very complex condition. it deals with compulsions to avoid an obsessive thought. the suffers find themselves doing the compulsion more and more to avoid the obsessive thought. or their obsessive thought forces them to perform the compulsion. its not just people who like their rooms clean, or all their music labled the same.

19. JakobwithaK

Exactly. Sometimes people are just very very organized or clean freaks (I am too at times), but not to the extend of defining it as OCD.

20. johan

johan Active Member

Our work culture rewards ocd. I suspect most RSM's probably have ocd.

21. 2500

2500 Guest

right. OCD is not just "liking things clean, or labeling music the same." OCD is a mental condition where you perform compulsions in hopes of not feeling the anxiety or fear of the obsession. if i don't label my music the same, i think its annoying because they won't alphabetize the same and it is easier to find music if its all the same. i don't fear bad things will happen though. so, people can't be so quick to label themselves as having OCD just cuz they have some quirks. OCD is a serious problem, a vicious cycle of events that control ones life.

22. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

My hand washing has gotton a bit better. I used to wash them so much to the point where I was getting horrible rashes and skin infections. I've lessened the handwashing to about, I don't know... a hundred times a day now. :hsugh:

23. Arclight

Arclight Hypercube

I used to have this but I've more or less taken care of it. I just pay extra attention when I lock them. :o

24. JakobwithaK

My OCd is very bad right now. Yesterday and today I wasted 2 trips back to the cell phone store across the city, to only embarass myself. I dont want to talk about it right now in details, mayber later....as i feel like complete shit right now as i am the biggest idiot out there. I just came back from the mall again, and am so embarassed in front of 4 workers there.:wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc:

Oh man, this is just pahtetic, i am so upset with myself right now in letting the OCD demon control my mind and actions right now.:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

25. 2500

2500 Guest

its not pathetic. its a serious problem thats out of your hands. not doing anything to get better is the pathetic part. OCD is treatable, so, if your just gonna sit around looking for pity, then that is pathetic. but it is not pathetic to have it, and you shouldn't be embarassed or feel like an idiot. you don't want it, and, its a condition that rules your life. get it under control. do all you can do and don't stop until your better.