SRS OCD crew sign in here :wavey:

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Insey, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Insey

Insey I can feel my cunt contracting

I've had OCD since as long as I can remember. Just until this week I sought treatment for it since my "daily rituals" were just taking up too much time. They put me on a half milligram of Risperdal, which I can already feel is working. So anyone else here have OCD? What are your rituals? Mine are:

a) I wash my hands 60-70 times a day
    b) I take 3 showers a day
    c) From any two points, my number of footsteps has to be an even number
    d) Every object that grabs my attention has to be touched an odd number of times
    e) I have to wear a different brand of sock on each foot, and I must change my socks 4 times a day
    f) If I catch a digital clock that is about to turn all matching numbers (like 1:11, 2:22, 3:33) then I have to wait and watch it until it turns that number. I've waited up to 5 minutes before (huge time waster)
    g) Tons of other small rituals that involve my computer, driving, getting dressed, etc

Edit: Another thing is that any cup or glass given to me has to be ABSOLUTELY spotless. Obviously this is embarrassing whenever I go out to eat with friends or family.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2005
  2. Insey

Oh btw, in addition to OCD, I've been clinically diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, ADD, social anxiety disorder, and I am beginning to show early signs of schizophrenia. All my mental illness goes back to my paternal grandfather, who suffered so badly from my same illnesses that he committed suicide by hanging himself in our basement. Thankfully, modern medicine will prevent me from having the same fate.

3. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Whats "personality disorder"?

4. truste1

truste1 Guest

I don't have many compulsions, but I do obsess over stuff. Luckily, I find that (if) I have OCD it's very mild and doesn't generally interfere with my life. The only time it causes a slight interference is at school when I rearrange books and stuff in the back of the class, I've actually gotten in trouble for it a few times. I also like all the markers on the board to face the same way and be on the same track on the marker holder. Also "Expo" must always face out on the erasers, if I notice that it doesn't I'll fix it.

I like things to match, and be even, and although I'm not germophobic I always have hand sanitizer with me. I don't think people sneezing around me, even if it's not on me - or touching the floor, or my stuff touching the floor, or people touching me. I'm scared of bugs, mainly spiders (but that's not really a symptom of OCD I don't think, as it's rather common.) I really can't think of stuff I do religiously, it's just sometimes things other people don't notice I do notice and I get a very painful headache until I fix it. For instance, one afternoon I kept thinking I left the lights in the kitchen on so I kept checking it, over and over, until finally the pain went away.

I took this evaluation a while ago: http://www.ocfoundation.org/ocf1070a.htm

I answered yes to the following:

5. Insey

Yep that's me 100% :big grin: Sounds like you read my personal bio or something :p It's a shame though my parents don't understand why I act the way I act. They think it's because I hate them, but really I love them to death.

6. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

I have obsessive and intrusive thoughts, but nothing like washing my hands repeatedly.

I'm on prozac for that and depression.

god my life sucks :wtc:

7. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

i've always been ocd about washing my hands... it's like 10-fold now since i work in a microbiology laboratory. :eek3: i'm always washing my hands.

8. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I would be too