SRS Occasional weed usage?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Fachh, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Fachh

Fachh New Member

I was a heavy smoker for a very long time. Upwards of 10+ major roor bong hits a day.

Smoked to the point where I didn't really feel high anymore and sometimes just got paranoid/panicky

Been dry for 130 days, feel great

starting to get the itch

I want to smoke again, but very casually and only once a week.

Has anyone else been able to do this and not slip back into abusive behavior?

Lemme know what you guys think

2. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

wasnt the the original plan? i doubt you planned on it ending like it did....

did that work last time?

3. sams0n

sams0n $ OT Supporter

i used to smoke 4 or 5 times a day an now only smoke a few times a year. if you do decide to start smoking again you should just buy a small sack and smoke it in one night. if you buy a large quanity you will probably end up smoking everyday again.

4. xxxdubber

xxxdubber New Member

I am not sure but I don't think you can do it. I did the same type of thing about 3-5 times over the last few years and each time I go back and have some, in a few days I am back to regular usage.

Good luck though

5. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

I never do anything casually. I didn't smoke cigs casually, drink nor do pot casually. Everything I do, I do to excess.

That's my personality and so I've never been able to do anything in moderation.

6. B4 I FU R U 18

B4 I FU R U 18 Active Member

I think you could do it. I used to smoke for a year pretty heavily, but now i do it occasionally and have no real urge to do it everyday.

7. Changed

Changed Guest

just do what I do, and don't buy it. Wait til somebody has some in a social setting and smoke with them. Get high, and don't think about it again. If you don't have a bag sitting around, with a bong or bowl or papers, you wont be setting yourself up for trouble

8. IHAMWETARDDID

IHAMWETARDDID "We could make babies and accidental songs..."

I honestly think it has a lot to do with your personality. For example, I am able to do things "recreationally" and not have an urge for it. A couple years ago, I used to smoke all the time. One day i just decided to stop for a while. Now I can occasionally do it with absolutely no urges, well maybe if im really stressed out or just looking for an escape..

9. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

oh sure that's totally normal :ugh:

10. ian2000gsxr

ian2000gsxr New Member

everytime i have said, okay i'll just do this once in a while, it starts out that way then progresses to everyday again. not saying this will happen to you but it's been my experience

11. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

That's not actually the truth tho.

Pot addictions are very similar to other addictions. There's growing evidence that pot can be very addictive...even if it doesn't have the withdrawal symptoms like heroine does.

Pot is also seen as a gateway drug. Where it usually leads to other things.

For me, pot always lead me back to my drinking which was horribly destructive to my life.

12. Marmitha

Marmitha Milk ftw

why do you feel the need to smoke again?

i was really depressed for a few months so smoked weed like no end for a while, it helped deal with everything at the time. maybe your reasoning is different, but its just not worth getting back into that circle again, you said you have been dry for 130 days, but after that first smoke, its almost like you gave into temptation. I haven't touched the stuff in over a year and have no desire to do it now, casual or not :dunno:

13. 1badbird

1badbird New Member

i personnally have a very addictive personality...

smoke pot atleast three times a day for four years straight...Quit

couple 8-balls a week for almost a year...Quit

cigarretes for 7 years....Day 4 of quitting

Alcohol, 4-10 drinks a night every night for 6 years....decided i need to evalute that...no decision yet.

Yea i still get the itch, smoked pot maybe 4-6 times since ive quit years ago...once a week isnt casual, its a habit

coke still itches real bad, but i dont touch it because im deathly afraid of it...

the rest well im working on.

btw, wait 2 years, if you still have the itch puff a bowl at home by yourself, it just isnt as cool anymore.

14. MikeMarx

MikeMarx Guest

Yeah, I was always a daily smoker throughout high school. Then I got into the hard stuff (mostly prescription pills) then I got off the the oxy and xanax but found that I replaced it by like tripling the amount I smoked. I think I was on like an 1/8th a day at one point spending all my extra money on tree. And not I'm paying for that over use, I don't get high anymore. I just feel relax when I smoke chronic and when I smoke bc's I just get panicky like you said. Not really paranoid, but defitnally a feeling of anxiousness which led me to abusing xanax again. Then I found out the solution, take a break from weed. And when you get back to smoking, PACE YOURSELf. I stopped smoking for 6 months, and now I've been back at it. Only smoking like three times a week, and when I do only a couple tokes out the bong, or a joint.