Obese people

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Genghis.Tron, Jun 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Am I the only one that tries to guess how many extra calories a fat person walks around with when I see one ? Sometimes the numbers get scary !

2. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

yeah i just wonder... how could someone possibly be 250lbs when i eat so much goddamn food and am still only 195ish

it's different for 300lb plers and such because i know they actually get big on purpose, but seriously how does somebody eat 4k-5k cals a day without making a serious effort to do so?

3. igo4bmx

igo4bmx WHAT WHAT WHAT THE FU OT Supporter

i can eat a fuckload now and have trouble feeling fool

4. TZ

TZ Banned

According to BMI, I'm obese :ugh:

5. igo4bmx

igo4bmx WHAT WHAT WHAT THE FU OT Supporter

me too

6. TZ

TZ Banned

its so retarded

7. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

same

8. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

Bad genetics/metabolism.

When I was overweight I was 16 years old and 5'10, 220 lbs @ 3000 calories/day while my brother was 18 years old and 5'10 165 @ ~4000 calories/day.

I played lacrosse every day and he played basketball maybe twice a week.

I can't afford to cheat more than one meal a week, even if I'm not cutting.

I just have a dogshit metabolism.

9. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

well as a former 380 pound fat fuck i can tell you that i ate alot but not much more than i do now, i just did so little activity wise that i kept getting fatter and fatter.

i averaged about 4000 cals a day with almost zero physical activity

now i'm eating about 3200-3500 cals a day with lifting 4 days per week about 1-1.5 hours per time with about 20-30 minutes cardio 4 days per week.

result, i'm 280 (yes i know i still need to lose weight, it's a slow process and it's still coming off) and much stronger much better cardio conditioning, but the difference in my eating back then compared to now wasn't too drastically different.

i have a soft spot in my heart for the obese because often times they are mistreated by society and it's as much of an addiction as ciggs and alcholol drugs etc.

they'll be obese until they finally have enough to make the major life changes needed to make a difference.

10. TZ

TZ Banned

good progress so far keep it up, 380 to 280 is no joke

11. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

thank you, it's taken about 1.5-2 years cause i'm taking it super slow eating pretty normal so i won't fall off of some diet or something like many do, so mostly done by working out, and when i ws 380 i didn't want to be 380 the same as when i had a drinking problem i didn't want a drinking problem but until you hit rock bottom you gonna keep yo probs.

i've dropped 100 pounds and have the stretch marks and loose skin to prove it lol.

so to answer original post, no i don't calculate their cal intake, i feel bad for them and hope for the best for their future and hope they someday straighten out their life

12. TZ

TZ Banned

whats your goal ultimately?

13. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Awful choice of food, plenty of cheap beer or cola and complete inactivity probably helps... I also used to eat until I was uncomfortable but I usually just ate at dinner anyway, maybe a toast for breakfast and I guess I was able to get 2000-2500 cals most days anyway.

I guess stuff can add up quickly
    Breakfast : 2 PBJ with chocolate milk (1000+ cals)
    snack : muffin (300+ cals)
    lunch : 1 pizza slice, medium fries, can of coke, candy bar (900+ cals)
    snack : chips (250+ cals)
    dinner : big bowl of mac&cheese, 2 cookies, 1 small bowl of ice cream (1000+ cals)

It's around 3500 cals and it's nothing huge, just someone eating shitty. If the person eats the same food I listed but choses bigger portions (who eats 1 slice of pizza?), that means he has a lot of calories.

14. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

sounds like what i ate yesterday :barf:

15. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

I wasn't talking about their cal intake but how many calories their walking around with. 1 pound of fat = 3500 calories stored. If I see a big woman with a huge ass, let's say she has 30 lbs of extra fat on her ass = 105 000 cals just on her butt.

Good work on the progress too. I think food choice is the most important factor. Concentrating on whole food, nutrient dense but not calorie dense, less processed, and the cals will go lower without having to eat less in terms of amount.

16. TZ

TZ Banned

LOL....yeah same for me but i have much bigger portions than that.

only difference is that I don't drink soda or eat sweets really, except for milkshakes rarely :yum: Frosties are fucking amazing

17. Zaffir

Zaffir OT Supporter

Me too. If I'm not eating clean I can down 4-5k calories a day and still feel hungry. Too bad my metabolism is slow enough that I'll get fat as fuck real fast. It sucks maintaining at a clean 2000-2500 cals/day being hungry all the time :(

Last edited: Jun 3, 2007
  18. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Hunger and appetite are two different things.

19. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I think it is starting to get there.

For some lines, generations and generations of people have not had to worry about "survival" and "food" as much. It is only a matter of time before the body starts to make head-way towards accepting fast metabolism and making the most out of muscular development.

I believe it has already started to happen to an extent. Just look at how athletes keep getting better and better every year and new records are broken every year. Sure it has a lot to do with knowledge and new technologies, but I believe that is not cumulative of it all.

20. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Selection happens over thousands of years...

21. TZ

TZ Banned

the human race as a whole is probably getting weaker since technology and medicine allows the weak to survive

22. jokka

jokka OT Supporter

they are prabably bulking

23. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

True. Good lookin' out.

It's not that the body doesn't care. It's that it doesn't know. The world has changed more in the past couple hundred years than it has in the 10,000 years before it.

Evolution hasn't caught up... and quite possibly never will anymore

24. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

sorry, lol i get defensive with fat people topic since i'm still one of them and was definately 1 of them a year or 2 ago lol

and yes the food choice i agree, personally i try to keep my cals about 1/3 protein 1/3 fat 1/3 carbs (a little more protein than the rest but to keep it simple i just say 1/3'ds

25. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

when i was in college i wrestled and off season walked around at about 260 and i was in pretty damn good shape, i would love to be at that level again in my life, i used some illegal items in those days and do not now so i figure if i can get strength levels to the old days and weight down to that level again at the same time then i'll be happy, goal should probably be 240 or so but i'd be more than happy with a solid 260

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.