OBDII Scan tools

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Kitler, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Kitler

Kitler Fabulously Gay

I am currently looking for a scan tool for my Honda accord, although I want something that I am able to use on my friends BMW and also other vehicles.

Anyways I have been looking at the Elm scan, but I haven't been able to find any reviews for this product! Has anyone tried it out, or have some other suggestions? I really want to work with something I am able to use over my laptop, and be relatively inexpensive. I have mostly worked with Pegisys, and modis systems before though, but that was through an automotive shop which I no longer have access to. I really don't feel like spend upwards of 1,000 dollars on a scan tool.

Has anyone else looked into this before? :noes: I can't find any good review sites, but maybe I just have shitty research skills :(

2. Subie Driver

Subie Driver Eye see what you did there.

http://www.scangauge.com/

I have the ScanGaugeII in my car, and I love it. I get a CEL about every 100 miles for a bad rear O2 sensor (caused more by my high-flow cat than anything else), and I can clear the CEL in about 10 seconds on the fly. And otherwise, I use it to show voltage, real-time MPG, intake air temp, and water temp.