MIL OBAMA TO END "DON'T ASK DON'T TELL!" Gays allowed to serve!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by WildBull, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WildBull

WildBull Guest

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,479952,00.html

Obama to End Military's 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy

WASHINGTON — President-elect Barack Obama will allow gays to serve openly in the military by overturning the controversial "don't ask, don't tell" policy that marred President Clinton's first days in office, according to incoming White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs.
    The startling pronouncement, which could re-open a dormant battle in the culture wars and distract from other elements of Obama's agenda, came during a Gibbs exchange with members of the public who sent in questions that were answered on YouTube.
    "Thadeus of Lansing, Mich., asks, 'Is the new administration going to get rid of the "don't ask, don't tell policy?'" said Gibbs, looking into the camera. "Thadeus, you don't hear a politician give a one-word answer much. But it's, 'Yes.'"
    The Obama transition team declined to elaborate on that one-word answer when asked by FOX News on Wednesday about a timetable for repealing the policy, which was enacted by Clinton after a protracted public debate. Obama officials also would not explain which lawmakers or Pentagon officials would attempt to repeal "don't ask, don't tell."
    Clinton, who initially sought to overturn the longstanding ban on gays in the military, ended up enacting the "don't ask, don't tell" policy as a compromise that made it illegal for commanders to ask about the sexual orientation of service members, who were also barred from announcing they were homosexual. If a service member's homosexuality becomes known anyway, he or she is expelled.
    /**/
    Clinton is widely viewed as having stumbled during his first days in office by getting caught up in the raging controversy, which detracted from the rest of his agenda. It is not yet clear whether Obama would face a similar debacle.
    For years, Obama has said he generally opposes the "don't ask, don't tell" policy. Last summer, he told a gay magazine he can "reasonbably" see it being repealed. But that was a far cry from Gibbs' unequivocal promise that the policy will indeed be ended.
    The gay community is eager for a quick repeal of "don't ask, don't tell," but fears it could be months before the new administration reaches a consensus with lawmakers and the military. Others think Obama could do it quickly, but is leery of the kind of fallout Bill Clinton faced when he tackled the divisive issue.
    FOX News' Carl Cameron contributed to this report.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

meh I could go both ways with this.

3. Nick Gerz

Nick Gerz OT Supporter

No pun intended, right?

4. WildBull

WildBull Guest

:rofl:

5. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

:naughty: I am glad someone got it.. :rofl: I have been waiting to use that allllll week.

6. tunes

tunes OT Supporter

At first I had a problem with it, now i'm cool with it. It was only a matter of time, and if they can perform the same...then who cares

7. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

prob most of the military. I will be intresting to see how this turns out.. There allready are gay people in the military no one doubts that but they might put some type of rule on how they can act on their own sexuality which kinda defeats the point.

8. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

best time to get out!

9. thekinggovernor

thekinggovernor OT Supporter

glad I got out

jk not that big of a deal

10. Drunk Bastard Audio

Drunk Bastard Audio New Member

currently policy is just fine....this shit will just create drama that doesn't need to exist.

11. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

If this policy is implemented the very first thing I'm going to do is go to the base gym and demand shower stalls in the men's locker room.

Working with gay people is not something I give a shit about, I can deal with it, but I'm not lathering up in front of a man who might go off to a shitter stall and rub one out.

12. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

shhhh dont say that some of the gay dudes here will get angry at you.

13. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

I think gay dude will like that ALOT more then showing in public makes its easier to have hot steamy gym sex.. :mamoru:

14. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

As long as I don't see it or hear it, I don't care.

15. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

you will see it.. and hear it at some point... :o just like you see and hear other people having sex.. and then you will hear on deployments about how harry slept with john and now steve is pissed off back home. THen you will hear from john about how he does not have to worry about dry spells because harry is right there.. it will be like broke back Iraq.

This whole thing is going to be more dramatic then it is really worth.. on both fronts.. dont yall know how many country folk are in the military?!? I think alot of them will form of anti gay thing and cause drama.. But the plus side is how the country folk could see naughty lezzys scissor.

Really I am just trolling.. I dont care either way.

16. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

:dunno:

That's fine, I'll go straight to the base SARC and report the individuals. Problem solved.

17. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

if you think that will solve the problem :mamoru: you could just join in...

OT is really slow today....

18. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

:o

19. Accord

Accord New Member

FUCK YES!!!!!!!!! I CAN FINALLY COME OUT OF THE CLOSET...

20. Accord

Accord New Member

But seriously, I don't know about other branches but 90% of Marines are confederate flag waving, dungaree wearing, pickup truck driving, redneck bigots and every single boot in the history of the Marine Corps infantry past and present has gotten the shit hazed out of them every single day, so this is NOT going to go over well at all. You're going to have entire platoons of Marines receiving mass NJP's for hazing faggots.

Here's the thing, ALL Marines act fucking gay as hell, we have guys stroking each others dicks, spooning each other at night, giving each other naked lap dances, etc. and it's all accepted because it's just the culture of the Marine Corps, we all act gay as hell but none of us are really gay. You get someone who really is gay and no one will believe him because we all act gay as shit.

It's going to be ugly...

21. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

I think I missed something here.

22. WildBull

WildBull Guest

:bowrofl: :bowrofl:

no one in my platoon EVER touched someone elses dick or gave naked lap dances :ugh2:. However, one did hold out his hands to get shitted on for $100

23. OkiDiver

OkiDiver New Member

come on man. just....come on.

24. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

lol @ faux news link

25. burn__

burn__ New Member

wait, what?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.