A&P NYC Crew : visiting

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by cmendoza, Apr 21, 2007.

1. cmendoza

cmendoza New Member

where are some good places for hot shots ? also scared to take the 20d out so many people :(

2. mandarin orange

mandarin orange OT Supporter

i dont live in NYC but i've visited many times. don't be afraid to take ur 20D out during the day. I had my 30D and 10-22 and 70-200 out in broad daylight. LOTS of tourists with cameras. lots of cops. just stay in popular tourist areas and you'll be fine. stay with your friends or whoever. i went all over with mine. no one bothered me

3. SkyAce2004

SkyAce2004 New Member

funny, ill be going there with my D40 in less than a week. Ill also be visiting DC. Tips would be helpful!

4. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

there is no "hot" spots as every possible shot/angle/etc. has been taken. Just get lost, have fun, and shoot when you see something cool. enjoy the trip, not just the photos you bring home.

5. yeah you'd be amazed to see how many people you'll find walking around inside B&H with their cameras in hand. Looking at all the people walking around with their big bags and camera equipment in hand you'll realize why B&H does the interesting things they do when you want to purchase something. :mamoru: Anyone that's been there knows what I'm talking about :bigthumb: :coold:

Anyone that hasn't been to B&H.. :p :mamoru:

6. ohknaks

ohknaks New Member

Don't worry about the camera, anywhere in Manhattan south of 96th street should be perfectly safe during most hours.

7. CornUponCob

CornUponCob New Member

I went to B&H.. twice in one trip heh. I bought my ballhead there. I actually didn't find their staff to be all that helpfull however. After I left B&H I walked from there up to 112th (or 121st street, I can't remember) taking pictures along the way (it was night)

Here are some of the pictures from that trip. These gallieries should be combined, but there's something wrong with the software ATM

http://sammorgan.solo.photocore.us/sets/5717

8. Chinoxxl

Chinoxxl Active Member

^Nice shots:h5:

As everyone else says dony worry about your camera...everybodys carring one. Just enjoy the trip. You can def get some nice shots. You better post thme when your done

9. ohknaks

ohknaks New Member

Just watch the bag when you put it down and you'll be fine. Same as any other city, but don't worry about getting mugged.

10. joy division

joy division New Member

watch out for the poor people they have swords

11. 1992 240SX

1992 240SX New Member

I don't get it...out-of-towners find NYC dangerous but that's the only big city I've ever felt safe in. Everytime I go to other cities it just creeps me out how empty the streets are in comparrison. Just stay away from Harlem and you'll be fine.

12. bronx too, I use to have a 1990 mustang 5.0 vert. :wtc: