NY crew.....need some date suggestions

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by babar, Feb 1, 2009.

1. babar

babar Active Member

NY crew.....need some date suggestions (UPDATED)

taking a girl out Tuesday night....was thinking something casual...drinks and some live music. but ill take any suggestions.

im from florida so i don't know of many places. my sister suggested cibar.

UPDATE:

Ended up taking her to this restaurant called ALTA. place was amazing, its all small plate food, like tapas...had great drinks too. She looked incredible when i met her in the lobby, i think we were both a bit nervous, but the mood got a lot lighter when she was getting into the cab and accidentally broke off the handle inside the cab. we talked non-stop for 2.5 hrs, and it felt like we were only there for an hour.....she actually invited me up to her room, took a tour of her apartment. i was not expecting this. i felt like she was more testing me to see if i would try to get in her pants on the first date because we didnt get too touchy feely so i didn't want to just force a move on her. instead i gave her a kiss on the cheek, said goodnight, and then ill progress things on the next date.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  2. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

in the city??

there's an amazing comedy club/piano bar (i think anyway!) called Ha! Comedy Club/Sweet Caroline's near Times Square. Not sure if they're open during the week though.

mmm.. and I know there's a bunch of little bars over by NYU my gf and I always end up going to when I visit her since they're near her apt. Not sure of the names, but I think a lot of them are near 14th and 2nd

3. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

I've had an awesome time at Sweet Caroline's but that's because I was pretty drunk and doing karaoke. Depends on the crowd really. On a weekend I can see it having a good turnout but probably not my first choice.

Dangerfield's is a good comedy club. If you like Jazz then Blue Note is the definitive place to go (not cheap).

Jekyll & Hyde is a somewhat touristy place to eat but nonetheless a fun experience if you've never been I guess.

Depends. You planning on going uptown or midtown? How old are you? Going just for the night or a weekend?

Cibar is good. Nikki Beach is good.

4. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

I've only been on the weekends - always been a good, crowd. I could see it being lame if the crowd wasn't into it. Over all, I love the place. But, I love to drink too much and sing too loud.. :hsd:

5. babar

babar Active Member

This is going to be on a Tuesday night....she lives on 36th and lexington so i was thinking going somewhere kind of close to that area.

6. theincredibL

theincredibL New Member

into sushi?

sushi samba

17th and park i believe

thank me later

7. babar

babar Active Member

UPDATE:

Ended up taking her to this restaurant called ALTA. place was amazing, its all small plate food, like tapas...had great drinks too. She looked incredible when i met her in the lobby, i think we were both a bit nervous, but the mood got a lot lighter when she was getting into the cab and accidentally broke off the handle inside the cab. we talked non-stop for 2.5 hrs, and it felt like we were only there for an hour.....she actually invited me up to her room, took a tour of her apartment. i was not expecting this. i felt like she was more testing me to see if i would try to get in her pants on the first date because we didnt get too touchy feely so i didn't want to just force a move on her. instead i gave her a kiss on the cheek, said goodnight, and then ill progress things on the next date.

8. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

Did you meet online, a blind date, or someone you just haven't seen many times?

It's great that things went well. However, a woman generally will not test you by asking you to come up. That just means she wants you to come up. It is a very big risk for her to gamble that you will or will not try to get in her pants, especially being a first date with someone she presumably hardly knows.

The way I see it, an invite up is an invite to get down. Whether or not that means sex is up for you two to decide, but when we get up to bat we usually want to get on base!

Hope this develops into a great relationship.

9. babar

babar Active Member

It was pretty much a blind date, we got fixed up from a mutual friend. The one thing my friend kept stressing was that this girl was a 3 date girl, don't expect to fuck her the first night....so when she invited me up i was a little taken back. honestly, we really clicked last night, but their wasn't too much touching, it would have felt forced IMO. i figured do the gentlemanly thing and just kiss her on the cheek, and we can progress from there.

honestly this girl is a keeper, i don't want to bang her the first night....i'd like to develop something.

10. teep

teep New Member

angel share is a cool lounge hidden in a japanese restaurant in the east village

spice market is a cool dinner place in the meat packing district that's great if you want to impress a girl. very theatrical

caracas is a really cool, fun venezuelan place around 7th and 1st i think.