NXT question...

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by WooleyBooger, Feb 27, 2004.

1. WooleyBooger

WooleyBooger OT Supporter

So let me get this straight...NXT wax has a bit of abrasiveness to it? If thats true, then on a new car with a few swirl marks here and there...could i wash then wax with NXT and it take care of some/maybe all of them?

I would like to get some Swirl Remover, but noone locally carries it. I can however find the Show Car Glaze. Would SCG benefit me at all in that process (wash & NXT)?

Any other suggestion are welcome.

2. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

The #7 glaze would definately help in removing swirls, but probably wouldn't remove all of them. I'm not sure how abrasive the NXT is, since I have no experience with it.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Show Car Glaze is extremely mild and mostly oils. I am not sure how Meguiars ranks NXT on their aggressiveness scale but it seems pretty mild to me. You would probably get better results just using two coats of NXT.

4. kilmanjaro

kilmanjaro 6MT

Let me make sure I understand about NXT - if it is slightly abrasive, is it enough to damage the clear coat? I'm concerned because I've always been told not to use products that are abrasive if you've got a relatively new paint job (< 1yr old). Should I be looking for another wax? I was going to go out and try to find some NXT today and try it, but this kinda scares me.

5. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

No, you can use any abrasive polish on new paint jobs. How much less than a year old is it, because if it's less than 3 months you shouldn't have any wax on it anyway. If it's more, NXT will be fine for your paint.

6. kilmanjaro

kilmanjaro 6MT

Thanks! It's coming up on 1yr old - bought it last April. Picked some up today, maybe I'll post some before/after pictures :)

7. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

NXT is mild enough you could use it every week for the next several years without negatively affecting your clear coat.

Ignore what you have heard. Quality paint shops wet sand and buff brand new paint jobs to remove orange peel. You just can't seal fresh paint until it is completely cured (30-90 days on repaints, factory paint you can wax immediately since it is baked at higher temperatures).

You just do not want to get into the habit of using very aggressive compounds with a buffer regularly (only when needed, like for major paint correction), since they do remove paint.