NXT Paste Review w/ Pics

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Robb, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Robb

Robb Guest

Nxt Tech Paste Wax
    Wonderful Product

This product is very very nice. It goes on/off very easy. The directions said to wait until dry. I waited about 25 mins. because the temp was about 40* in my garage. I purposely applied the product too thick but it came off very easily w/ little smearing.

The paint felt butter smooth after taking it off, which was pretty neat, seeing as i really need to clay and do some light polishing, but that will have to wait til spring.

The look of this wax is incredible, i would say it is basically the same as the liquid form, save the gloss. The gloss is outstanding. The best that i have used.

There are really no cons of this wax that i found, it didnt stain trim. Durability is my main area of interest here. I want to see how long this will last in comparison to the liquid form of nxt, which i get about 2 months out of..

I also used NXT insane tire shine on the tires. My initial thoughts on this are that it 1) stinks 2) VERY shiny/glossy/wet.
    I will also have to wait and see how long it lasts. This is definately not a product for someone who doesnt like shine. By FAR, the shiniest tire dressing i have used. But I, for one, enjoy shine. So i will continue to use it, if it doesnt sling.

Attached are pics of the car w/ nxt paste. Hope this review was helpful.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I'll be really interested in finding out how well it works via PC since the liquid seems to work best that way.

Nice review and excellent pics. Update us on the durability. :)

3. GSRstilez

GSRstilez New Member

Looks great. Thanks for the review.

4. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

I tried applying NXT via PC, and i found that it did not produce as deep of a shine, nor as smooth of a surface as a result.

Am i doing somthing wrong here?

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

:dunno: I use a Meguiars polishing pad and set the speed on about 4.5. I work it almost like a polish, with 3-4 slow passes.

NXT is great by hand too, but it seems to leave the paint showing less flaws when I use a PC. If it works best for you by hand though, no reason to change.

6. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Thats basicly the same thing thati did, Polish Pad at 4. Apply a small dollop of wax to the pad, rub it onto the center of the body panel im working on, then turn on the PC and start to working it in untill it starts to go clear.

At first i thought it looked at little better, but after a while i started to notice that it just didnt look right. It didnt seem to deepen up like NXT usually does after several hours. And when i shot some #34 onto it the next day to give it a quick wipe down, it just felt "thin". Thats the best word i can use to describe it. It was still shiney, and still beaded liquid nicely. But it just didnt impress me like a hand application did.

Maybe i just need to perfect my technique a little better with NXT.

So far, oddly enough, one of th best waxes ive had luck with applying via PC is Mothers Carnuba Cleaner Wax. Goes on nice and smooth, and buffs out to a much deeper shine then with a hand application. I find it to be goopy when going by hand, but via PC it comes out very slick. I usually use that on peoples cars who just want a quick wash and no frills wax, becuase it does have the mild cleaner in it. Lately though ive just been useing NXT for that because its just so easy to apply.