nvlddmkm.sys is causing BSOD

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by isenguardwalls, Mar 7, 2010.

1. isenguardwalls

isenguardwalls Active Member

c2d e6850 3ghz
    4gb ram
    8800gt
    550w corsair PSU
    windows 7 ultimate (legit copy)

So a few days ago I was playing a game and WHAM the screen froze, my sound glitched out and then i got BSOD that said nvlddmkm.sys was not responding, then it did a memory dump and i restarted and everything seemed fine until i played the game again and a few minutes in, same thing. I tried this with several games and the same thing.

Then after determining i needed to uninstall/reinstall nvidia drivers, it gave me the same blue screen just after the windows boot screen came up. Now i have no graphics drivers (except those that install automatically with windows 7) which is the only way i can get into windows without using safe mode.

and i have these vertical lines on my screen you can see in this picture

http://www.aww-kittah-aww.com/up/public/136558/1.jpg

every time i reinstall ANY nvidia drivers i get a BSOD after the windows boot screen.

2. Chris

Chris New Member

maybe your video card or power supply is crapping out. Do you have another machine you can test them with?

3. kimsland

kimsland New Member

So you are saying that you now have another BSOD that's not nvlddmkm.sys? (since its not installed)

What is the new BSOD exactly?, and if it is nvlddmkm.sys again then you first must uninstall these drivers.
    HERE's Driver Sweeper to do that with.
    Then Restart
    Then install the latest nVidia Video Card Drivers: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan.aspx?lang=en-us