Nuva Ring?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by turbo_babe, Sep 21, 2006.

1. turbo_babe

turbo_babe Guest

So this has not been released in canada yet. But I was wondering if anyone here has tried the birth control Nuva Ring? If so is it effective? Can you feel it? Can the man feel when inside? Im just curious about it....

2. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I hated it. I lasted less than 5 weeks on it. It was very irritating (literally) inside too. Hubby said he couldn't feel it during intercourse.
    Personally I would never go back on it BUT other people have different opinions. It never hurts to try it out for yourself

3. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

i could feel it, fucking hurt the one time, thought my penis was going to be cut :ugh:

4. turbo_babe

turbo_babe Guest

yeah it always seemed kind of weird to me. I'll stick with the pill than.

5. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

i didnt like it, the first time i fingered the girl who was on it, i freaked out in my head. i had no clue wtf it was and was to embarassed to ask her

6. Abomb

Abomb New Member

"what..... the...... BITCH THERES A METALLIC RING IN YO PUSSAY?!?!"

7. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Just get the pill, Yasmin to be exact

8. SeeVinceRun

SeeVinceRun Currently In Prison OT Supporter

I dated a girl on it, I could feel it even when fingering her. I could feel the top of my penis push into it during sex, so we would always have to stop and take it out....totally ruined the moment. Plus, it kinda turns me off when I see a girl pull something medical out of her hoo-ha. Dunno. Didnt think I would mind it....but yea.

Im a fan of the pill

9. Abomb

Abomb New Member

lol rings in the vag for the mother fucking lose

10. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

:werd: PLus this control i belive makes then not have period. I think this is one of the main reason why she was fucking moody out the ass and flipped out on me for nothing all the time.

11. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

You still get a period on the Nuva Ring. :)

abomb it's not metallic. It is a thin flexible clear plastic ring.

12. Justin636

Justin636 Active Member

the one my ex had was not metallic. It was more of a silicone type ring. I could feel it if i fingered her, but never while fucking her. Never hurt me and she seemed to like it because all other b/c's were fucking with her moods and body.

13. Justin636

Justin636 Active Member

You still have a regular period when using the ring. It stays in for 3 weeks and then comes out and the girl will have her period for a week, then it is replaced with a new one and the cycle repeats.

14. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

As I say in all BC related threads...

IUD > * from both the male and female perspective

15. Libera

Libera New Member

If used normally, you wear it for 3 weeks, then take it out for one and have a period during that week. You put a new one in after leaving it out for a week. Some people wear them continously, for 4 weeks and do not have periods. This is how I used it, although almost all birth control can be used this way. I didn't like the nuvaring, it would not stay in sometimes, apparently I'm a bit smaller than most women so it would not stay put. Also, I ended up having cramps constantly from wearing it 4 weeks straight. I didn't have any problem with cramps when Iused depo provera though, although I did gain a lot of weight with depo. My boyfriend said he could feel the nuvaring as well. Lastly, most insurance does not cover the nuvaring, and they cost about $40 each to buy. This wouldn't be a problem in Canada obviously. You might want to look into Mirena instead. Hope this helps.

16. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

:werd: :bigthumb:

Mirena IUD > *

(I know, I am redundant and annoying, but I think all females should look into IUD's. Actually I think all teenage girls upon entering puberty should have an IUD inserted, that way they wont be getting pregnant for 5 years which is usually about the time they are moving out)

17. andymodem

andymodem Ambitious, but rubbish.

:hsugh:

18. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

I take it you disagree...do you want to actually make a point, or are you just post whoring? :ugh:

19. andymodem

andymodem Ambitious, but rubbish.

My wife disagrees actually. Apparently the risks outweigh the benefits. :dunno: I don't have any clue about any of them. :hs:

20. Biggity

Biggity Only the dead have seen the end of war

Disadvantages
    • Does not protect against sexually transmitted infections, including HIV/AIDS.
    • Insertion and removal require clinic visits.
    • Can be expelled.
    • Can cause more difficult menstrual periods.
    • Possible risk to future fertility.
    Side Effects
    Both the ParaGard and the Mirena IUDs can cause longer, heavier, and more painful menstrual periods, but this is much less common with the Mirena. The increased blood flow may cause anemia. Spotting may occur without serious cause or as a sign of infection.

Health Risks:
    Getting any vaginal infection while using an IUD can increase the risk of developing a serious pelvic infection. This can result in a loss of fertility. For this reason, women need to assess their own risk for infection. If you have multiple partners or if your partner has multiple partners, your chance of infection is much higher.
    Piercing or perforation of the uterine wall may occur during insertion of the IUD. Over time, an IUD may become imbedded in the uterine wall. An Imbedded IUD is still effective, but it can be painful and may need to be removed. There is a risk of surgery and/or sterility if an IUD becomes imbedded.

If a woman becomes pregnant while using an IUD, it is highly recommended that she have the IUD removed, whether or not she wants to carry the pregnancy to term. An IUD increases the risk of having a miscarriage or premature birth.

A woman who becomes pregnant while using an IUD is also more likely to have an ectopic pregnancy. An ectopic pregnancy occurs when a fertilized egg attaches and grows outside the uterus. This can be very dangerous and requires emergency medical attention.

21. Libera

Libera New Member

I would like to get the Mirena, but my health insurance deductible isn't met. I checked the Mirena website, and it says it is about $500...Not bad for 5 years of birth control though considering I was paying $40 a month for a Nuvaring.

22. Libera

Libera New Member

I hope you don't read the side effects of all medications and assume there's much of a chance of them occuring.

23. Biggity

I always read side effects. I know that most don't occur. But more painful periods, is something I wouldn't risk. I don't want a birth control I can't stop at the drop of a hat. I've had bad experiences with birth control, which cause unexplained bleeding and had to have different tests done to figure out what that cause was, come to find out, it was the BC causing it.. I'm very aprehensive when it comes to BC.

24. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

That's your wife's opinion, personally I loved my IUD and will have another one when we are done having our next child. There are risks associated with every single type of birth control. It is up to each woman to weigh the advantages and disadvantages of the birth control method she chooses.

25. Biggity

:werd: