Nutrition questions ..

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Mippity, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mippity

Mippity New Member

I have a few diet questions..

#1. My breakfast is almost always two scoops of ON whey and two packets of flavored oatmeal (oat cals are about 300 total).

Is this OK for a breakfast? I eat it pretty consistently.

#2 About 2-3 hours after breakfast, I eat a snack to hold me over til lunch. It's still early -- so I have trouble stomaching tuna. Lately, I've been eating lots of beef jerky. Is this a healthy enough snack to be eating daily?

#3 When should I have dinner? Is it OK if I have a heavy meal at say 6:00 p.m., go to the gym at 7 p.m., then maybe have a protein shake or two before I sleep at 10:30? I'm not sure what the effects of eating before working vs. afterwards are. I'm trying to cut right now and find that if I reverse it (light snack before gym ,meal afterwards) that I end up eating a lot.

The rest of my diet isn't in here because it isn't consistent. My lunch is whatever the cafeteria is serving that day (usually pretty healthy) and I haven't moved out and my dinner varies a lot because I don't buy groceries.

2. dumbaznboy

dumbaznboy New Member

the beef jerky could be cut back on...ALOT of sodium. unless your not too worried about sodium intake and water retention.

as for #3....i personally would just eat a smaller dinner and have a mini mean/snack between lunch and dinner.

but like you're guna hear....read the stickies.

3. Mippity

Mippity New Member

I've read the stickies. I've been reading F&N daily for the past 8 months ... I just don't post much.

With #3, I do have the mini-snack/meal between lunch and dinner otherwise I have zero energy to lift weights with. My concern, I suppose is ... is having a protein shake 3 1/2 hours before going to bed too little calories over too long of a time?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  4. erok81

erok81 All your canyons are belong to me!!

I eat my main dinner at ~6:30, go to the gym an hour later, two scoops of whey and a nutri grain bar after the gym, the a cup or so of cottage cheese before bed. Seems to work fine for me. :dunno:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.