Nutrionist

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Epicman, Jul 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Epicman

Epicman Active Member

What exactly would a nutrionist do for me? I'm overweight and need to lose at the very least 50 lbs. I know going to the gym would help out a ton and I've tried going several times. My problem is my eating. I'm a single guy and don't know how to cook so I always end up eating shit food. So, would a nutrionist help???

2. Buy a George Foreman grill and eat chicken breasts 6 days a week. :hsughw:

3. Zika

Zika My avatar is still NOT me

Fixed

4. :yum: :bateman:

5. Dunken

Dunken Welcome to the team.

any one can really call themselves nutritionist. go to a certified dietitian if you can. be careful, tons of bullshitters all over that field.

6. Epicman

Epicman Active Member

How do I make sure I find a good one?

7. Epicman

Epicman Active Member

What do I put on the chicken? What sides?

8. Anything but pop tarts. :greddy:

I like to marinade mine in teriyaki sweet pineapple :drool: for about 30+mins before grilling. As for sides... I like these thingies: http://www.liptonfavorites.com/products.asp .. cheap and fast. :coolugh:

But you won't lose anything unless you eliminate more cals than you take in. Take up running as a sport. Trail running is what I do. :coolugh:

9. Epicman

Epicman Active Member

Trail running??? I assume by trails you mean off into the woods? Not the planned paved ones? How can I find these trails? Also, do regular shoes work? My problem is seeing people out there. I don't like to run into people if I'm out excersicing.

10. toconnx

toconnx New Member

Just fricken man up and do it, who cares if you see people running? Get into the gym and stay there, go running, screw other people. And no, regular shoes dont work - get running shoes unless you want foot / leg problems.

You don't need a dietician, just don't be stupid. Anyone over 10 knows how to eat sensibly. Eat fruits, vegetables, lean meats, etc. Eat enough so that you aren't starving, but little enough so that you aren't starving. Maybe 2000 calories a day, +/- depending on your size and activity level. Can't really comment more than that because I know nothing about you.

Cooking isn't hard. I'm 19 and don't know shit about cooking, I just follow directions and everything seems to work out okay. Buy your food in bulk, cook up a lot at once, and then refridgerate it. Do this every few days. Get rid of all the soda, snacks, junk food, etc. in your house so that you aren't tempted to eat it.

best of luck - let us know how it goes.

Oh, and as far as trails, go to parks and stuff, there are usually trails at parks. If you live in the city or places without a lot of woods, you're probably outa luck.

11. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

I'm a nutritionist, what can I do for you?

12. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

eat a lot of chicken and tuna.

drink water.

quit eating so much effing food. and go exercise

13. AznRyda

AznRyda キモかわいい!

^^^^ Don't make excuses like that or you'll just be fat forever.

Don't be a wanker, just fucking do it and who cares what people think. Think of the countless number of people that you see everyday that think to themselves how fat you are when they see you anyway. Will them seeing you exercise make it any different? No. Will you becoming more inshape change that fact? Yes.

14. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

Blah blah excuses blah blah I like being fat blah blah I'm a pussy.

That's what I'm hearing. Look, the truth is this: nobody except you gives a shit what you're doing. You're also the only person who can change yourself. So shut up and get to work.

15. :hsugh:

16. But what if they try to engage in a conversation. :eek4: I MAY HAVE TO TALK TO A HUMAN. :eek4:

:noes: :noes: :noes: :noes: :noes: :eek4: :eek4: :noes: :run: :run: :hsughr: :hsughr: :hsughr:

That's pretty much an instant orgasm. :coold:

17. Epicman

Epicman Active Member

wow....I just did a quick search and it looks like there are tons of trails near me. I might go check one out today. Since I've never done this I don't really know what to expect. Are most trails safe? Should I take a GPS with me? Not that I have one. Do I have to worry about any animals? Might be dumb questions but I've never done this before.

Do any of you listen to music or just go without any?

18. incubimmer

incubimmer New Member

:rofl: :rofl: couldnt have worded it better myself

19. I bought an MP3 player and made-for-running headphones to take on trails with me. Although, sometimes - I just like to hear what nature is saying all around me. :hsd:

20. I bought an mp3 player thinking I'd use it on the trail, but I live near a few parks, some significant waterfalls, a river gorge, I've found I don't use the mp3 player ... especially when I'm on tougher trails with a lot of scaling, or steep descents ...

21. Epicman

Epicman Active Member

Well, yesterday after work I went to find where the nearest trail was to me. I found the park. Got there right before they closed so I asked the ranger when they opened and if they had a hiking trail. He said they did. This morning I woke up early so I could be there at 8 when they opened. I got there paid my 4 bucks, got a map, and then the ranger tells me that the entrance to the trail is on the other side of the park. Gave me directions how to get there and the combination to open the gate. Well, when I get to where he said it was I realized that I couldn't get on the trail. To get there I have to drive on a dirt road. I doubt I would be able to drive my car on it. So it looks like I made a donation to the state park. Now I need to find something else. :(

22. Epicman

Epicman Active Member

Not much else near by. Hell, that was the closest and it was 15 miles away. I'll probably just start heading to the gym and getting on the treadmill for an hour or so.

23. TXLBS

TXLBS New Member

4$ per cardio session? Jesus, quit being a vagina and just walk/jog around where you live. Really, and I truely mean this with every part of me, NOBODY GIVES A SHIT WHAT YOU'RE DOING. If anything, they will respect you for trying.

24. Zaffir

Zaffir OT Supporter

I agree with everyone else. Quit being a vagina.

25. Jeg1983

Jeg1983 OT Supporter

Most colleges have an outdoor track or cross country trails you can use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.