SRS Numbess is Starting To Worry Me

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Breaks, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Breaks

Breaks Member

Hello all, I have a few things to moan about, or rather ask questions on with myself which are the following:

Well, I've noticed that, for around 2 months now, I have started to wake up and I can't feel the whole of my right arm. I'm not sure if it's because for some reason I have gotten into the habit of laying in a new position that means I somehow slow the blood flow to my right arm causing it to go numb or not but it's been getting more and more frequent recently. Usually it happened around once every 2 weeks, I thought that it wasnt anything to worry about but now it's been occuring even more. Do you think this is something I should really go and ask the doctor about?

Also I've been having a problem with my knee. After having gone for a run (as I run every now and then to keep me in shape) I notice that it feels as though the cartilidge (sp?) in my knee shifts to the side making it very painfull to bend my knee inwards bringing my foot to my behind. This isnt normal is it? I want to go to the doctor about a few things although I feel a complete idiot doing it when I dont have the problems occuring as I do so. If I compare both knees when it occurs I can notice a considerable difference between the two. The right knee (the affected one) bulks out on the outer side more than the left, which to me indicates that something has moved there maybe? Any comments?

Another thing is, for some reason, I seem to be suffering from insomnia again. I normally got around 4 hours sleep if lucky about a year or so a go, and then I managed to drop the insomnia and then got around 9 - 10 hours, now I seem to be waking up pretty much dead on after 4 hours sleep, finding it hard to go back to sleep after that and if I manage to, I'd be back up and awake after an hour.This is kind of getting to me now because I wake up and feel exhausted. Although I have no idea what to do.

Any suggestions, comments or ideas? I dont mean to like, ask any of you for a direct guidence line, I'm just confused and tired about all of these happening now and am a tad unsure on what to do. Anyone else here experiencing similar things?

2. ahtnamas

ahtnamas OT Supporter

You should probably go to the doctor and just ask about both of those things. If you can, just up the time of your annual check-up to something closer, and have those issues discussed then. Especially if it's something that's worrying you. Even if one or all of those issues is no real medical problem (which I don't know, just saying if), you'll still be worrying about it and your mind will be at rest once you get checked out by a professional.

3. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

A) do NOT take medical advice from ANYONE on OT....that's just stupid cuz noone here is a doc and if they are, they can't diagnose you over the net.
    B) Yes numbness is serious. There was a football player in my area that lost his arm because it got trapped between his bed and the wall the the circulation was cut off for hours. It died and they had to remove it....IIRC he was also drunk.
    C) Your insomnia might be due to sleep apnea, where you stop breathing when sleeping. There are many reasons tho, stress being a MAJOR factor in not sleeping.

I too suffer from bouts of insomnia. This is usally always do to stress of some sort. I've found that working out makes it much better plus regular sleep patters helps tremendously. In other words, go to bed at the same time every night and get up at the same time every morning. Your body will adjust to this pattern and you may find your get much better sleep quality with this simple change.

Bottom line, talk to your doc. It's much better then the advice you will get here.

4. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Don't go to a doctor, he'll KILL YOU. Someone will provide you with medical treatment on OT. Its much, much safer. :rofl: