number closed for the 1st time in like 4-5 months

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by driftwell, Apr 11, 2007.

1. driftwell

driftwell New Member

***extremely long thread warning***

just thought i'd share

Had a car show to attend to recently, and generally love to go to them because it's a prime time to go look for females. I love females who have a genuine interest in cars (or are at least open-minded about them)... and well where else can you find such a female other than a car/drift show!

So anyways, it's about that hour when things start to get boring. We've been there since 7:30am and we're now hitting the 2pm hour. Luckily power 106 rolls through and sets of music entertainment. Which is good because I as well as another friend always dance and generally goof off and thus provide entertainment to everyone around us. He's also usually my wingman.

An 8 appears into our sights. I guess she rolled in with the power 106 dj's and she's just dancing by herself in front of the stage. So I step up my dancing/goofing off a lil in an attempt to demonstrate that I'm a "fun" guy. (well it was either that or she'd just think i was an idiot). But either way i had drawn a small crowd and everyone was laughing having a good time. I look over and she's staring and smiling... i feel good.

I then go up to my friend and tell him that we should bust our routine on the chick who's dancing. This isn't really a routine, its more just lets go "do our thing" while walking up to this chick and start dancing with her. I immediately felt a swarm of bees go through my stomache... but I figure... at the very least... it'll put a smile on her face. We start slowly dancing, doing the funniest dances you can imagine (think: the carlton from the fresh prince, will ferrell type of dancing). After what seemed like an eternity, we're only half-way to her... I'm already getting tired, and a bigger crowd has formed to watch what the heck these 2 guys were doing. We finally get to her and she's totally with it. The crowd is cheering. After a minute or so... she backs off from what looks to be exhaustion. My friend and I continue to dance as we walk back... and the crowd starts clapping.

So now I've got an angle with her, I've danced with her and she seemed to enjoy it. We all relax and are trying to guzzle down as much water as we can. Now everytime we make eye contact she smiles. This is a good thing.

I go back up to her to talk because she looks a bit tired and has sat down.

"Did we wear you out?"
    she laughs... we make small talk and pickup that she's just there to help promote a club event going on that night. I asked if she's going to it, and she says she's going somewhere else. Some more small talk... and then I leave.

A short time goes by, and I decide to go back up to her... "so where's this event tonight and who's hosting it?" she says she doesn't know and i get on her for being a bad promoter for not even knowing that info... much less not even going to it. Some more small talk but i'm "busting her balls" and she's laughing about it. I leave

I act like an idiot some more around my friends when i noticed she's dancing again. She looks at me and I throw my hands up as if i were instigating a "battle or dance off". She does the "bring it on" motion... and its on. She would do a dance and I'd do one back. This goes on for a short while before I go up to her and say, "just give up... there's nothing you can do that I can't". So now I start mocking her dance moves and "one-up it" each time. I'm getting bored (and tired) and noticed her stack of tickets (for the event she's promoting). I stop and say, "what the heck? did your pyle of tickets get bigger?"... she smiles and hits me on the shoulder... indicator of interest (IOI). Some more small talk before I leave.

By now I'm contemplating how to get her phone number. Mind you i'm horrible at number-closing. And each time I was about to go up to her, I found a dude talking to her. None of the dudes would last more than a minute with her tho. I found an opening and started to walk back up to her... she was dancing when she immediately stopped while looking up. I looked up to find a seagull. She looks at me while I give her this "you're so weird" look. She says... "haha i just don't wanna get pooped on"... and i continue to look at her weird... she's just smiling... sort of nervous smile... then i say... "you got pooped on didn't you?" I look down and right at the corner of her jacket i see the spot and immediately start busting up, she starts laughing and tries to hide it. THen another dude comes up to her... dancing... i figured damn... he's trying to get to her the same way i did... by dancing. Her and I look at each other and I just give her the "now what are you gonna do" look... she just smiles and just kinda dances maintaining distance from the dude. I walk away and laugh at her as if she's stuck now. But really inside i just needed to get out cuz that totally messed up my number-close. A long time goes by and the show is almost over. Alot of my friends are beating me up about not number-closing, myself included.

I notice her by herself still just watching the drift competition on the big screen. Even then I can't do it... my mind is drawing a blank. My insecurities start to sink in (she was taller than me, and of a difference race). I've NEVER in my life number-closed anyone out of my own race. I'm filipino and she looked to be white/hispanic or italian mix, and she's older than me by 3 years to top it all off. I look up and there's this dude, he's clearly a few leagues above me. Tall, athletic build... i pretty much thought it was over. My friend walks over and asks if i closed yet... I pointed to the dude that was there... and i'll never forget the look my friend gave me. It was the most confident reaction and facial expression I had seen in a while. He looks at the dude talking to the girl, turns back to me and says... "so?". This created a surge of confidence in me and nodded.
    I procede to walk towards her and the dude that was there... she sees me walking towards her as I say, "so we gonna party tonight or what?!" and she says, "yea go to blah blah" and i return with "hmm maybe, give me your phone number and I'll think about it, i'm still not sold on the idea" she happilly does so while I ask her to also draw a quick picture of herself so i can remember how she looks like. She draws me something remnant of a 4 year old's self portrait out of crayons. Then I add, "oh wait... this is missing something... ahh here you go... u were missing the big bird poop stain!" she hits me again and laughs. I walk away... now feeling taller than her! haha

after we exchange a few texts the following days, I finally call her because she asked for my name (she never asked for it). I call her up and pretend like I told her and say how horrible it was for her to forget my name. So she starts trying to name me... she decides to call me gary... and i'm like wtf? and I procede to make jokes about the name gary and how she just lost points with me. She justifies it by saying, "nooo gary is the name of spongebob's friend the snail" .... "oh so i'm a snail now" she starts laughing and then says "nah gary is cute and funny... kinda like you" now i could have sworn time stopped for a brief moment hahHAHA.... and i replied with "okay you get a half point back... but only cuz i'm still a snail who's best friend is a sponge" she laughs some more... a minute of small talk and tell her that I had to go.

and now we're all caught up... she still doesn't know my name and I plan to play that one out a bit longer.

2. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

bravo!

its amazing that you interacted so well with her, yet had so many negative feelings about getting her number

Anyways, you didn't let your fears take over and you made it happen, so props to you. She is obviously interested.

I recommend limiting the small talk (especially the texts) between now and the date.

You do have a date plan, don't you? :)

Also, you may want to check out this post if you haven't seen it:
    http://forums.offtopic.com/showpost.php?p=74436448&postcount=1

And a note to the guys who will read this: notice how he said very little to her. They didn't chat and he didn't tell his life story. They shared a fun time together instead of "sitting around talking."

3. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

:bigthumb: nice work

4. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Did not read thread yet (it's lunch time and I gotta run). Congrats, tho.

5. fluentinsilence

fluentinsilence New Member

Cool cool man. Keep a buddy like that around to give you that extra nudge when it's difficult for you to do it yourself; after a while, you'll be calling the shots before your bro does.

6. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn Active Member

Pretty :cool: story. Let us know how it progresses.

7. NCS

NCS Active Member

dude i didnt read that, its just too long. but im really happy for you and i'm giving you an e-pat on the back. keep at it :)

8. nwmrkt

nwmrkt New Member

read it all, good job.

9. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

I only read the last couple paragraphs. Sweetly done. Do you have a background in MM? That number close and the points things are classic MM

10. islanderman7

islanderman7 New Member

good field report.

11. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

I agree.

12. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

I wouldn't view their initial interaction in anything but a positive light.

All he needs to worry about is making sure the dates are fun and not boring.

13. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

Nice. I love the 'draw me a picture' close. Only suggestion for next time is to initiate kino... then you're definately in.

14. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Damn, she must REALLY have been into you; I was expecting you to say she stopped being interested/friendly about half way through after you'd walked away from her that many times.

15. driftwell

driftwell New Member

thanks guys... i really appreciate it..

to answer some of your guys' questions...

i don't have a date planned out yet... i am thinking about taking her to a movie premiere for that movie redline (i honestly think its gonna suck... but hey... can't beat FREE premiere tickets). Which i'm thinking should work out since she's obviously into cars. But i haven't solidified that plan yet.

I am trying to limit the small talk... which is working out great right now cuz i really am busy. But so far... all of our conversations have been very fun and energetic, she STILL doesn't know my real name (i think i'm gonna go for as long as I can with this one). All of our phone calls don't last no more than 3-4 minutes before I say I have to go.

As far as kino, yea i should have done it more. The only time i did it was during some of the quick small talk where i'd put my hand on her shoulder when i couldn't hear her. I'll have to remember to do it more often.

By "MM" i'm assuming mystery method? No I don't... the only material I've got so far is half-way through "The Game", and a few of deangelo's e-books. And of course, the threads that I've been reading on here by Yail, Falconer, bandwagon, and those peeps.

Thank you guys so much, seriously. And next time I'll try and slim down the field reports haha... i didn't realize how long it had become.

16. NCS

NCS Active Member

DONT TAKE HER TO A MOVIE

the problem is that you're neither DOING nor TALKING. its totally passive.

do anything that you feel comfortable with where you can be ballsy.

i take girls to coffee all the time, it works very well for me.

17. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn Active Member

I would avoid the movie too. Coffee worked out quite well for me last night. Onto the action dates :bigthumb:

18. driftwell

driftwell New Member

you guys are right... a movie might be lame... i just figured (for a second) that it might be good since its a premiere to a movie about cars (something she's into) and that since its in hollywood, we could walk around the streets before or afterwards...

okay... what do you guys suggest? I know someone mentioned a similar car event... unfortunately there won't be another one for quite some time... so I want to make sure the date will "top" our initial meeting

19. NCS

NCS Active Member

dude, take her out for a drive and be creative :)

20. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

:coold:

women with interests in cars FTW dainty women who only care about fashion and make-up FTL

21. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

First of all I can't believe I read that whole thing.

Second: Congrats

Thrid: Do something fun with her....she seems to be open to whatever!

22. driftwell

driftwell New Member

haha yea... she smacked me good for that one...

what made it even better was she missed the first time she tried to hit me cuz i knew it was coming! haha