SRS Nukegoat

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by d00d00, Aug 19, 2004.

1. d00d00

d00d00 In cold blood

My thread was locked citing violation of Rule #3.
    To me this rule seems irrelevant to the topic posted. I was trying to start a discussion on the social implications of drug taking and labels and frankly I don't see the issue with this. Can you offer any more information as to why this thread was deemed unworthy?

2. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

It was locked because we're not here to judge other's usage (rule #3, whether on a subjective or objective basis), to debate whether or not an individual is an addict, or to imply that recovery is more harmful than not. These attitudes, opinions, and concepts may have a place in discussion outside of the realms of recovery, but not really in this particular forum. This is a serious forum for those seeking help, somewhat unlike the rest of OT.

3. d00d00

d00d00 In cold blood

Thats exactly the issue I am trying to discuss. Perhaps the label is part of the problem, or possibly the label and the attention it generates is the motivation behind some people's choice to drink, take drugs etc.

4. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

the label of addict in its relationship to recovery is pretty much entirely dependent on the individual, not the label given by society. People who are admitted addicts in this forum are seeking recovery, not succumbing to labels based on societal pressures

5. Post it in On-Topic, not here.

6. d00d00

d00d00 In cold blood

Now theres a reasonable response :kiss: